Mod day?

Nazgul

Black Rider
I've been thinking of hosting a mod day when I install my new front brakes.

Does anyone else have any work to do on their Lightning?

We have a lot going on on the near future, so I will have to study the calendar to find the right date.

I need to change the front rotors again, as they are warped from the last event, and change brake pads all around.

Wow. Not a lot of action on this. I guess everyone's vehicles are all up to snuff, except Jon & George's.

I just heard from Jon, and his brakes are a no-go for now. I know George can't install his front brakes until I do mine (he will get my old Wilwoods when I take 'em off.) Note to George: you may want new front rotors; mine are worn and a little warped, so will need turning down.

We will be gone from next weekend, arriving home Nov. 8 (cruise). The next weekend is the Nov. Goodguys show (14-15), and I'll take the L. So I am looking at Sunday Nov. 22 or Sunday Nov. 29 for this Mod Day. State your preference, if you're gonna attend.

Anyone needing to work on their L (or other car) or who just wants to watch or pass wrenches is welcome to come to my house in Livermore.

If there is no interest, that's okay. I will cancel the gtg and just install my front brakes. We'll be inside the garage if it rains. We'll be inside the garage in any event.

Sunday November 29th

November is busy for us with several year ending final autocross events
Nov. 7 - Las Vegas Optima Ultimate Street Car
Nov. 14 - Pleasanton Good-Guys
Nov. 21 - Scottsdale, AZ. Good-Guys

Okay. I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do.

I will begin the work on my L brakes this Sunday, Nov. 22. Starting around 11am. If I finish, I finish.

If not, or if someone has work to be done, I will also host Sunday, Nov. 29. Margaret has bowling on the calendar, so I will be free that day.

If you want to come please post up here. If you need directions, I can PM them to you.

A big thank you to Alex B. (871BOLT) for showing up today. I had planned to just take my time and piddle around, doing a little bit of the brake install. With Alex's encouragement, I got a lot farther than I had planned to. One side almost complete, just need to torque a couple of bolts (instructions say 160'#, Alex) and swap out the calipers/braided lines. (I had planned to take this whole week to complete the kit; maybe just assemble the rotors/hats today.) I took several photos, and will take more, including comparisons to my current kit and the stock brakes. I will post them when complete. (Yeah, I could probably have completed the entire install today; I did my first kit in only a few hours. But, hey, I'm retired...heavy on the '-tired;' I'm not in a hurry anymore!) I'll probably bring it to show off on Dec. 20.

Alex even did a little work on his L while we were at it, tightening some exhaust bolts.

Paul
Those are some BIG brakes, before you put her down on the ground double check all the bolts I torqued just to be safe.

The brakes look great and two thumbs up to Alex for coming over to help you.

Regarding Sunday 11/29, I will be on a plane to Maryland to visit the corporate office. :sigh: I have new EBC dimpled & slotted rotors waiting to be installed.

Back