MMSP 4/28 results for inquiring minds

boosted635

Terrible night, you guys didn't miss much.
The track was bad loose.
My dad made one pass, car went loose (right lane) almost into the wall and he packed it up for the night.
I made three passes, I lost .3 on my 60', .08 on my best et, but my mph was up about .1. Truck went left at about 1000', think I will put the Nittos back on.
After my second pass the guy two cars back lost it across the track at the 1/8 and almost hit the guy beside him.
About 10:00 they closed the right lane and went single car passes only for the rest of the night.
I was the second pass after the park opened, I left at closing - I saw them clean the track once (after a spill) and never saw them spray any VHT. Not saying they didn't - I just never saw it.
Another friend had a 9sec Camaro making his liscence runs - had to stay in the throttle and almost lost the car around the 1000' mark - still ran a 9.59. Got his slip and left.
IMO Moroso seems to be catering to the ricer cars lately, not taking care of the track and losing the serious cars to other tracks. Even Peas and Carrots (track snacks for those reading but don't know) seems to be pulling out, what happened to the new building they put in? I hate to think I will have to go to Orlando every time I want to race. We went to Omakalee once, that is just to far and only 1/8 mile.
Sorry so long, just kinda venting.

We where out there last night and the track came together around 8 pm.
A few 10 sec mustangs where there.
We asked about the peas and carots vendor and he said they only put that up for the bigger events....
The rains messed up the track , but they do skimp on the vht .
Orlando is even worse .

We wondered how much rain they had. Typical Florida. I live 15 mins North of the track and not one drop :cool:
Anyone run their trucks?
I think my 60's were all my fault. I didn't ease the pedal enough and kept breaking loose. Plus I need to adjust to the new (temporary) tune.
Also ran into Boca Ron, but he was not runnin'.
My deal here is the money and horseys in some rides like my dad's and Jeff's (the Camaro) need better (at least SOME) track prep. After a big rain spray the track a little is all I'm saying. I feel like they raised the prices and decreased the service somewhat. Before I get flamed - I know I can go somewhere else, but the track is so close to home. I am hoping this is all just temporary while they are building up the carting and motocross facilities. I like the place, I just see them loosing alot of the serious racers lately to other locations.
Also, I thought that was a permenant structure they built, it was up for months. Guess I didn't look close enough.

Sorry guys, too ashamed to post. J/K

1st pass - 8th person thru tech, 2nd to run down the track and spun bad
77*
R/T .171
60' - 2.255
330 - 6.048
1/8 - 9.160 @ 79.51 mph
1000 - 11.842
1/4 - 14.135 @ 98.39

2nd pass
72*
R/T - .049
60' - 2.163
330 - 5.893
1/8 - 8.958 @ 80.64 mph
1000 - 11.611
1/4 - 13.880 @ 99.42

3rd pass
72*
R/T .142
60' - 2.152
330 - 5.908
1/8 - 8.985 @ 80.37 mph
1000 - 11.640
1/4 - 13.908 @ 99.53

No need to be ashamed dude ! The weather has already gotten hot/humid, and you said the track conditions were crappy. You ran what you ran. What all mods do you have done so far ? Just curious to see what I could expect out of mine in similar conditions...
:bout:

just the mods in my sig. with a fiberglass bed cover, spare and hitch, was j/k not ashamed considering, just disappointed overall
best time was 13.81 @ 99.49 stock (also stock wheels with Nittos) in 64* weather
just put in pred 93 oct tune, I know its rich but I gotta get in a wideband still, then I have a 4# lower in a box and a new exhaust on the way, then off to get tuned :devious:
gotta get some lakewoods also and drop that 60'
given the temp & track conditions I actually had a faster mph, just .07 slower et

yea if you want worse track conditions come onup to Orlando! talk abouit hit and miss. Usually the Sunday Funday days are pretty good except every single car comes out then if some one spills.....uh oh take a nap!

You got to work on that 60ft time...Once you get that down you will be good to go..

What mods so far?

Brucewrs said:
You got to work on that 60ft time...Once you get that down you will be good to go..

What mods so far?

I know - that 60 killed me, just could not hook up.
Mods are just the JLP & 93 oct tune for now, all the others are still in the boxes - gotta get my wideband LOL

boosted635 said:
I know - that 60 killed me, just could not hook up.
Mods are just the JLP & 93 oct tune for now, all the others are still in the boxes - gotta get my wideband LOL

In the boxes.....What....come on get that sh@t on boy..LOL
If you need any help let me know. I am a hop skip and jump away... :3g:

Carefull Bruce, I might just take you up on that. Leach offered as well. Mod B-B-Que at my place? :buddies:
I need to get all my pillar gauges ordered first. I want to get them in to monitor my A/F, ect..., then add the exhaust and pulley and go to Diablo in Deerfield for tuning. I just know I can't stay off the right pedal long enough to risk any other way.
Exhaust is shipping this week. :clap:
The L has become a bigger $$ hole than my boat LOL.
:eek:fftopic: I have about a 2500 sq. ft. hangar on my property, but not much lighting so I have to work in the daytime. Also only have basic tools at my place. But if you guys need to do some (short term my wife says) work and can't spread out enough in the garage let me know.

Back