Minor but annoying transmission issue

With those big ol' globs of grease they didn't even bother to clean off the connector, it probably wasn't doing a dang thing.

With those big ol' globs of grease they didn't even bother to clean off the connector, it probably wasn't doing a dang thing.
I must be in a good mood because this reply and some of @Steve83 had me chuckling. Do either of you 2 have any rec's or previous experience buying a new ECM or sending one off?

Besides the obvious answer of quality i guess, i am seeing a $200+ dollar difference between some of them

I had the psom in the white truck rebuilt by one of the places, I'll dig it up later.

I rebuilt the ecu on the white truck myself. It still had the same issue with the o2 after as before, so I must not have found the problem - the caps had bled all over the circuitry pretty nastily. I decided to put a PxS in it.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I must be in a good mood because this reply and some of @Steve83 had me chuckling. Do either of you 2 have any rec's or previous experience buying a new ECM or sending one off?

Besides the obvious answer of quality i guess, i am seeing a $200+ dollar difference between some of them

Hey buddy a friend of mine has two computers and a tweecer that’s sitting on the shelf, your only like an hour from me, hit me up if you want, I can’t guarantee them fixing the issue but you could try them in your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having basically the exact same problem you're describing with the weird shifting which led me to ECM (I just went to it, didn't really do any diag) and I can see failures visually. How did you like the company you sent it off to for repair and about how much was it? What other options have any of you done when you have an ECM problem?

I found though one for sale, has anyone used this company before?

The ECM has a hypertech chip in it from previous owner. Do ECM's have a stock one that someone replaced with the hypertech? Can I just leave the hypertech out? Any best guesses on what that chip even does?
31122eee01727374c3b13d940b0cbf14.jpg
60a56e9499ac54b837defc8f47195965.jpg
daea78a6def499792ca3396b9d3c84e9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I've had two rebuilt by ECUExchange.com now and very happy with both. $139.00.

I just tried it and it and I got the name wrong. It is theecuexchange.com.
Sorry about that. I have gotten two rebuilt by them now and very happy with both.

Back