Might have hurt the motor

Well after much reflection I let it go tonight for a pultry 8K.

68k never damaged 03 L with running but smoking/knocking motor.

Enjoyed my yrs of L fun and will always hold a spot for um.

Now to find another FORD truck.

With my land acquisition recently and needing more room in cab although the cause is a kick in the cahones the end result is for the best. As I will be picking up a 4dr.

abff1a930f48b20606efaae7071844cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems to be the going price for a Gen 2 with a hurt motor (6k-8k depending on condition) looks like a nice truck!

It was an immaculate truck Jamie.
No damage aside from a few rock chips and a scrape on frt bumper (visible in pic) that was there when I bought it.

I could have spent 5k fixing it n sold it for 15ish.

She’ll be missed for sure.
My Mustang and Bike will fill the speed/performance void now.

No doubt that fixing it would have brought you more money, but people are assuming a risk when they buy something that’s broken and that translates into dollars....

68k never damaged 03 L with running but smoking/knocking motor.

I'm an idiot. I read the whole thread to this point (even with the mentions of the pulley stuff in the first post) thinking it was a Gen 1 since I didn't notice the forum, figured it had probably knocked a chunk off a hypereutectic.

No doubt that fixing it would have brought you more money, but people are assuming a risk when they buy something that’s broken and that translates into dollars....

3k or so for motor.
2k or so to have installed etc.
So quick math.
8k plus 5k is 13k.
With luck and waiting it out sell for 15kish.

So Jamie it just didnt add up for me at this point in time/life not worth the roi so I cut my loses and moved on.

I will most likely a newer truck by cob today. And with luck little to no payment.

With any luck in a couple yrs when some real estate is pd off there will a Shelby GT350 in my future.

Unless maybe FORD replaces the Raptor with a new L.

I'm an idiot. I read the whole thread to this point (even with the mentions of the pulley stuff in the first post) thinking it was a Gen 1 since I didn't notice the forum, figured it had probably knocked a chunk off a hypereutectic.

Nah your cool more G1 peeps here than G2 any way.

And my screen name is misleading.

That truck is 5/6 yrs gone now.

3k or so for motor.
2k or so to have installed etc.
So quick math.
8k plus 5k is 13k.
With luck and waiting it out sell for 15kish.

So Jamie it just didnt add up for me at this point in time/life not worth the roi so I cut my loses and moved on.

I will most likely a newer truck by cob today. And with luck little to no payment.

With any luck in a couple yrs when some real estate is pd off there will a Shelby GT350 in my future.

Unless maybe FORD replaces the Raptor with a new L.

I didn’t count on the 2k to put it in.

Picked up this 08
ec69633e2ca00b5c55f0066ec788ce8b.jpg

f545ad29de0ab1a264960505d57d94a5.jpg

Nice clean 5.4 XLT.
It will make a good ranch truck/dd for a couple yrs. which is what I need for now.

That 08 is a nice truck. I drove a 08 F150 V6 for a few years, it was a company truck but I really liked it. It wasn't 4 door but the extended cab , I guess you could call it but it was half the size of a normal extended cab. At 6'6 I had plenty of leg room.

So far Im happy with it.
The N/A 5.4 pales compared to the L however its miles ahead of the 4.6 powered trucks.
I owned an 02 SC 4.6 it was a slug. Also owned an 01 V6 single cab std shift and it was also under powered imo.

The 5.4 at least gets it moving fairly well.

As far as space their is NO comparison to the L.

Edit
Well the emblem looked nasty so 15 min this afternoon after work and viola.
78d02d69f557e8c781ebef4e8dd38364.jpg

Took emblem off a little mek to finish removing the blue. Adhesion promoter primer black paint apply sticker and clear over it.
Oh at 100 or so outside paint dries QUICK.

Last edited:
Back