Megasquirt dash

slow94

Check this company out. Wonder how one of these dashes would work out on our trucks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I think this is the one that Steven Vanorder uses and helped develop. He talked to me about it back when he was tuning mine saying it was a sweet set up for MS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check this company out. Wonder how one of these dashes would work out on our trucks.

Really nice setup with a LOT of functionality!

Yeah apparently you can tune and make changes via the dash. They have a touch screen option too. I do wonder how difficult it is to set up though.

Yeah apparently you can tune and make changes via the dash. They have a touch screen option too. I do wonder how difficult it is to set up though.

I imagine it's really easy, it comes pre-loaded with Tuner Studio, from there you'd need to connect it to your MS via USB and you're done. Mounting it would be the real work.

All it is, is a little Linux computer that they've customized to boot fast and support the various hardware it's connected to. I built a crude copy with a Raspberry Pi, small display, USB GPS, and USB camera (to be a backup camera) really easy. The work they've done is customizing the Linux kernel to boot fast, Tuned Tuner Studio to the monitor's resolution, add in 12v DC power adapters, package it up nice and small and put it in a case etc. <-- I am by no means trivializing their work, just laying out some of what they did.

Here's a pic of the main components; Raspberry Pi (gray box) and the display.

Attachments

• IMG_9735.jpg
    IMG_9735.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 15
Given how many OBS Ford trucks are still running around, you have to wonder why they build installable dashes for things like Thunderbirds, but not the pickup trucks...

Given how many OBS Ford trucks are still running around, you have to wonder why they build installable dashes for things like Thunderbirds, but not the pickup trucks...
I know it says they will do custom bezels. Probably could send a bezel in and let them make one for us.. I imagine they are 3d printed or something. I may shoot them an email to find out some particulars.

Yeah I emailed them. If you send your gauge cluster in they will model the 3d printer off of it for an OEM fit. Cost is $100 extra. Who wants to be the guinea pig?

Yeah I emailed them. If you send your gauge cluster in they will model the 3d printer off of it for an OEM fit. Cost is $100 extra. Who wants to be the guinea pig?

Did they mention if they'd sell just the enclosure, or do you have to buy a display ?

Did they mention if they'd sell just the enclosure, or do you have to buy a display ?
No they didn't. That is a good question. He did say you would have to get the "pro" version if you wanted to still be able to tune with your laptop as it uses can bus communication for the dash. the regular version uses the USB connection.

Back