May have run into some more good luck

Brian Baskin

Rikutsu-poi
Well, picked up the new engine this weekend. Just to go and show how much thought I put into this, this was our original game plan (yes, laugh all you want). (if you want you can skip the next two paragraphs :))

I was buying a bedliner, engine, and cam from Lightning Ralph in Englishtown, NJ. I was going to store the engine at my parents in South Jersey. Me and my brother worked out a plan that we were going to borrow an engine hoist to put the engine at my parents. So, we were going to leave South Jersey, go by and pick up an industrial, non-collapseable engine hoist. Keep driving up to Englishtown, put the engine on a tire on the feet of the hoist (and strap it down) ....... then put the bedliner in ... OK, so we'll take the hoist out, put the bedliner in, put the hoist back in, then the engine. Then we drive back to my parents, and take the engine out ...... it seemed like a great idea. Hung up, and my wife just looked at me "How are you getting the engine out, when the engine is on top of the hoist?" *smack forehead*

Anyhow, I called up a local friend, Tim Teal (runs tealnet.com), to ask if I could store it in his garage. He has a hoist. He agreed, drove it down, unloaded it in his garage, still on the tire. Well, I'll tell you about Tim's car. '98 Mustang GT, 4.6L with Vortech running 8#, hitting mid 12s. His first run of the year, he blew a head gasket at 1000', towed it home, took it out, and found this:
http://www.tealnet.com/newforum1/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=2811

Well, to make a long story short. He's contemplating building a 393 stroker from a 351, and using his Vortech on that. So the deal is simple, we'll swap the engine out in his garage, and he gets my old engine to rebuild/stroke :D Almost free labor, I can handle the downtime, and we both benefit from it. Just started working out the issues last night, but I'm really excited over this.

Brian, what did you think of Tims block in person!! Pretty sick huh! That would be a good deal. If you need help with the engine let me know. Working on my Mustang all those years there is not much I can't do with the 302/351 engine. Later Wayne:tu:

Heh, I won't need as much help as Tim would, with his plans :) We're going to try and tackle it soon, but post on the thread (in Ford Tech) on his site if you want to come out and laugh at us ... err help :D

His block was scary, did you take a look at it in person? I could only sit there and shake my head, it's sad what he's going through.

Last edited:
Back