May 2011 TOTM - Congratulations to Dawson "RazinCain" Cain ! (NLOC #2845)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

May 2011 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Dawson (RazinCain) Cain ! (NLOC #2845)

From the Sooner state of Oklahoma comes this months Truck of the Month. The owner of this one had the Lightning imprinted on his young mind well enough to never leave his thoughts of owning one. This truck has come back home, back home to the NLOC family that is ! Owned by another NLOC member whose name long-timers will immediately recognize, Dawson now calls it his own. Improvements, refinements and personalization all are underway on Dawson’s Gen 1. This one even has a name, the Red Rocket ! Dawson is certainly working towards making his chosen name for his Lightning much more than just a name. Power has been added, freshening up of the interior has been done, even a set of 18 inchers are waiting to get tossed on “R squared”. Dawson has a perky, good looking truck with more refinements yet to come !

Read on to learn more about Dawson and his Lightning then join in the congratulations to Dawson Cain !

5668702885_e21a2d346b_b.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

I actually remember riding in my step dad’s flatbed hay truck looking at an article on the Gen 1 in a magazine. I remember reading “cobra with a cargo bed” and seeing a picture of a brand new bright red 93 L on the pages and I fell in love. From that day forward I always knew I would own one. Most people want a Ferrari or a Lamborghini but my dream was to own a red L. No question about it !

5669272534_519b64ea54_b.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

When I was in college I owned a 2000 Harley F-150. I loved that truck. I mostly had cosmetic upgrades on it like the Gen two head lights, cowl hood, lowering shackles etc. I would probably still have this truck as well, but it’s hard to fix frame damage…..Oh, as bad as I don’t want to admit this I also had a fuel efficient car in college……a 1998 VW Bug…..yeah, white with silver flames and 18” wheels complete with a couple 12’s in the trunk…..please don’t flame me for that. Trust me it was hard enough being an offensive linemen and driving a flamed bug in college.

5669272098_41bb111702_b.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

I have installed a new carpet kit, replaced my door panels, and replaced about every other interior trim piece imaginable. It took me an entire day to get the shine back in the paint when I bought it. Don’t think the ol girl had seen a wash job in about a year before I bought it. My wife bought me an Extang Tonneau cover for Christmas this year as well as some new window tint. As far as “go” I’ve installed a Vortech T-Trim and intercooler (Thanks Shawn and Brett). I also put some Rancho long bars back where they are supposed to be. The “Red Rocket” already had a built block, T/F heads and a ton of other stuff already on it when I bought it. So that made my life a heck of a lot easier. There’s a lot more that I’ve done and want to do but, all in good time I guess.

5669270924_93e92c4b3c_o.jpg

5668699363_9ec397eafd_o.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

I don’t know if you guys remember a guy named “Merlin” here on NLOC a few years ago. This is his old truck. Kevin (O’doyle) filled me in on that as he had actually seen the truck from when Merlin had owned it. Before de-modding the truck (it was running mid-high 11’s) and selling it, he was using it as a Direct TV install vehicle, ladder rack in the back and all! I don’t know about y'all but I would have crapped my pants if an 11 second Gen 1 pulled up at my house to install the cable !

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Actually I love to run. At 6’5” and 320 lbs I wouldn’t look like I run but I kick off 3-5 miles a day. I love to be outdoors. I only live 15 minutes from Lake Murray and Lake Texoma so fun is just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

5669273768_3c19a433ee_b.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I learned of this site a couple of years ago. I think I was just searching “Ford Lightning” on the web and came across it. I joined the site the day after I drove the truck home from buying it last June.

5668704323_48cd258a48_o.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

This site is super easy to navigate, I wouldn’t change a thing.

5668704255_e864e71794_o.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

Actually, my Dad has a boat he named the RazinCain. Before that it’s kind of been a family saying because we would get a little rowdy sometimes at different events…..like where I got the tattoo on my arm…..Sturgis….yep it says RazinCain……No one tried to stop me….

5678545663_810382b11b_b.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

As of right now, I’ve got a set of freshly powder coated Gen 2 (99-00) wheels that need to find some tires. I am also getting a slew of parts for my birthday this May. The wife is getting me a Copperhead Driveshaft Loop, Struckby 3 pump trick, wideband gauge setup, boost gauge, and a fuel pressure gauge. Man my wife is great!

5678546333_bd0b7a4f73_o.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

First off I would like to thank my wife. She is awesome. I also want to thank badpony93 (Bryce), lightning95 (Brett), Shawn (93ssDestroyer), Steve Stock (he just tuned my TwEECer for FREE!). Without those guys I don’t know if I ever would have gotten my stuff installed!

5679105874_78063130c1_b.jpg

5669271368_9fe2332045_b.jpg

Congratulations to Dawson and his 1993 Red Ford Lightning for Truck of the Month, May 2011 !

Thanks fellas its got a long way to go till its done. Im starting a resto on the motor compartment next I think. Project engine beautification.

Yes a dad gum bug........:embar:

Pickrel Long tubes, no cats, Magnaflow "x" muffler, side pipes. Sounds purty good if I do say so myself :eek:ldtu:

No, Kevin still has his truck. This one was Merlin's old truck.

Bryce you most def are on my good side LOL

congrats the truck is awesome dude.
By the way what kind of Bed Cover do you have??
I have a red 93', I have been shopping for a nice cover and yours looks nice.

congrats the truck is awesome dude.
By the way what kind of Bed Cover do you have??
I have a red 93', I have been shopping for a nice cover and yours looks nice.

Its a Tuff Tonno made by Extang. I think it was like 265 bucks on Ebay. Thats where I got mine.

Ano the red 93's are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back