Maxjax lift.

No but I have seen it and thought about it. Seems perfect for my detached 1 car garage
I'm going to get one here soon. My shop isn't high enough for a standard lift plus I like the fact I can move it out of the way when not in use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I know I was going to get one a year or so ago but life got in the way. There are a lot of video reviews out there but none that I found with a full size truck.

I have an unfounded fear that I would not get the arms under my truck right and it would fall off! I guess I've seen too many videos

I have an unfounded fear that I would not get the arms under my truck right and it would fall off! I guess I've seen too many videos
I don't have room in my shop for anything bigger and I'm tired of doing everything off my back.

Yeah don't get me wrong I have a fear of these myself. I was hoping someone would say they had one and love it. Lol

I’m afraid of lifts in general lol. Ive never worked at a shop and all my stuff is built on jack stands. After the harbor fright scare I bought some nice jack stands with 2 locking mechanisms

I’m afraid of lifts in general lol. Ive never worked at a shop and all my stuff is built on jack stands. After the harbor fright scare I bought some nice jack stands with 2 locking mechanisms

Yeah I did the *exact* same thing. One day when/if I ever build the 30'x30' I keep talking about I am going to put in a 4 post lift. I feel safer with a 4 post, still leery, but safer :)

I've looked at tha MaxJax and several of the other portable and compact lifts. Also the BendPak Grand Prix where I could mount the cross member in the attic.

I really liked the idea that I could have two mountings for the MaxJax (one inside and one outside) and had my additional garage apron poured with a thicker section so that I could use it for a lift if I chose to.

I definitely miss the two post that I had in Indiana. I've functioned OK without having a lift, though, and will likely never do as much under the vehicle as I already have the past year and a half, so...

Which ones did you get?

I think I, like most people start out buying selective tools from harbor freight with a strong to moderate skepticism that fades over time. Until one day you find yourself laying under 4000 lbs of steel with with a couple pieces of Chinesium holding your life in the balance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I did the *exact* same thing. One day when/if I ever build the 30'x30' I keep talking about I am going to put in a 4 post lift. I feel safer with a 4 post, still leery, but safer :)

4 posts are nice! We use mine all the time. The other nice thing about them is you can use them to stack cars... 2 posts aren't meant to be used for long term due to the suspension hanging...

I wish I had room for a 4 post. I like the Maxjax because I can move it out of the way when not in use.

Back