Mass Air Question??

I have been waiting for a long time to get my '94 L running (I got it in a trade with a bad motor). I finally got it done, 393, victor jr. heads, comp hyd. roller cam, erson rockers, bassani exhaust, mass air conversion, 30# injectors, etc. etc. It is running like total hammered ****.

The question I have is, I bought an older mass air conversion that used an APE chip. The paperwork says the kit was put together by Sal from NLOC (same Sal as PSP??) and Matt from APE. All of the pin swaps are the same as those listed by Lasota racing, but it appears to use a stock EEC and the APE chip does all of the magic? Can anyone give me more info on this? The truck feels like it is running on 7 cylinders, and the tranny doesn't shift by itself. From the limited testing I know how to do, it seems that maybe the chip has a problem, and the EEC has reverted back to speed density??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I first started out making the Gen 1 mass air kits, I was working with that jackass Matt Happy from APE. I built the kits, and he made the chips. His tunes were horrible, which is why I started doing them myself. If you've got one of his chips with that kit, I am not surprised it runs like crap.

It's not using the stock PCM, it's the one we supply with the kit. It's a mass air PCM.

I can reburn that chip for you to get it running right.

Back