Manual Trans Swap

Has anyone ever done a manual trans swap into a Gen1 Lightning??? Tremec TKO or T56??

1st...Welcome to the boards..2nd use the Search tab...3rd.... Yes, there are a few gen 1's with a 5-sp...Tremic TKO-600, that works, 1 with a carb engine...Black P-38 (guys name is Mike) ... And mine, I have the OEM EFI... and yes it does work very well.... I went with the TKO-600, and love it..... I went from 15.0 to the best of 14.63, with just the tranz swap...no engine mods... If you are thinking of the swap.... use the search tab... plug in 5-sp, check out TOTM in June of 07, and I have a thread in the gen1 l forum, I going vortech...
Kerry

Last edited:
Response to inquiry

Hi Boomer8404,
You have Mikey to thank for this one I think he started it all. He was 1st that I know of ,Kerry Plum36015 was next and I am 3rd as soon as I finish up. I followed Mikes lead and went carb also and I think we all went with the Tremec TKO600 with the.82 5th gear.Mike and Kerry have been a world of help to me and I am sure we all would be ready to help another member at anytime.If you have been thinking about taking the plunge go ahead and jump in it is really not that bad and we can direct you to some real good deals on necessary parts.
Good luck and welcome aboard.
Chuck

Back