M&M Novi Bracket

rusty_408

Rusty
I Support the NLOC
This is the lastest mockup of Ben's Novi Bracket.

First revision had a thinner piece on the headunit and used a manual tensioner. Had a bit of flex and needs a ton of belt tension. Now we have an automatic tensioner and a thicker headunit bracket. Only issue I see on the mockup is the water pump bolts come too close. I'm going to use a flathead bolt on that pulley to fix that. I don't think it would work for someone with a stock style fan clutch.
4e7b7c43cc8e7ee30ec174acd02b14fb.jpg

91c31970418852cb8e94918f00a858c6.jpg

f97308da8c2ea9801a4a145b8ee77caf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you put a ribbed idler pulley on the lower bracket to hold the belt out away from the water pump pulley?

Definitely! For me it's not worth it since I'm running elec fans, but if someone wanted to get this set I'm sure they could work that out with Ben.

What is thickness of that main bracket?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1/2" hoping it doesn't flex much. The first version was thinner and had a manual tensioner. I think the spring tensioner will act like a shock absorber

I'm sending them my vortech tensioner and he's gonna make me one too!! Looks pretty bad ass.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Definitely a sweet bracket. If I ever entertained the idea of going back to a blower it would be with a bracket/tensioner like this. But I would get it made out of 3/4 material.. or 1/2 stainless. Probably would have to be a f1a-94 or something though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’m 100% satisfied with my setup so far, but it’s not perfect. I gave Ben a heads up on some improvement ideas. I can take some photos. It’s stuff I consider small but anyone thinking about buying or copying this should know what to expect.

These brackets affects the alignment of both belts. It’s hard to get right with a custom piece like this. Get a laser alignment tool. Both the SC headunit and the ps pump need careful shimming to properly align the belt. I even had to shim one side of the SC more than the other to get it like I wanted.

There’s not a lot of clearance on the sc headunit and the coil/distributor. My coil plug wire touches and the distributor wires are close. Moot point for guys running coil-near-plug or a low profile distributor setup. You could change the headunit mount to be higher or further to the drivers side too.

My new belt route with the spring tensioner comes too close to the stock water pump bolts. I had to change to a flush head bolt to feel good about it. Not a big deal since I’m running electric fans. Not sure how this would work as is with a stock style fan clutch. Might not be an issue with a bigger SC pulley but I’m not sure. You could add another idler or change up the tensioner some how.

That’s all. Nothing too bad, but just want to set people’s expectations

That is looking really good man, I still have the tensioner info you sent me on my list of little projects.

What bolt did you use for the tensioner? I might start working on mine now that I’ve seen how well yours is setup.

just a grade 8 7/16" i think it's like 3.5" long
It looked like it tapers from the front side to the back so I was hoping you had a magic bolt. I'll probably do the same as you and not worry about it. I spent too much time looking at Freightliner parts sites already.

Back