Lowering the truck

todd abbott

Well figured since since I wanted to lower he truck a bit why not do it right, So today I ordered the Hotchkis TVS system with new Blistien shocks and the cam kit, it's only money and I didn't make any big mods last year sooo add this the list of other mods going in soon and it should be fun. Todd;k

What's the date of the next one, Taz I'd like to make it if my schedule works. I thinking a set of real brake's, stans pan hard bar and the Forgeline wheels I'm trying to justify and I might have a solid package.

not sure the reg. is open yet for the next one. but I think its in june.
Careful on your wheel choice if your going to the big brakes. I have a set of Smootie II's that I cant use now because of that. Had to go back to my stock wheels.
Had enough of the straight line stuff then? to much waiting around?

Hey, let us know how you like that TVS set up. I may do that as well. I have to order a bunch of front end parts as things are starting to wear, and may finally ditch the Eisuck (Eibach) springs at the same time.

Hotchkis

Chuck, Thank you for all the info, one of the reason I've waited on wheels is the brake issue ( the other is cost for what I want ) but the Forgelines are a custom wheel so they'll build them to my specs for the brake clearance, and basically anything else. As for drag racing vs. Autocross, I'll still do both but there's no comparison, if you like to drive Autocross is the ticket.
Whip, Once I get it in and all adjusted I let you know what I think, I know the Hotchkis kit is a high quality piece and it will provide the small drop I want plus tighten up the handling, I think with the addition of stans panhard bar it should be a nice streetable package to that add some real brakes and a lighter set of wheels and it should hold it's own at the track events as well. Todd:tu:

I'm jealous. I have the FRPP kit and have been debating on ordering the Hotchkis kit. Let us know your opinion when it goes in.

I have install a couple kits and the guys didnt like the harsher then stock ride so I took them out and reinstalled the stock spring set up. On the 03 i took out 1 leaf and installed 2'' drop shackles and on the 01 I just installed the 2" drop shackles and when he put on his fiber glass top on it was at the right height. and rode nice. Both these trucks also had QA-1's installed with #1000 front springs.

Taz, I set up another appointment with JDM in July to install the Detroit locker, TA girdle/stud kit and the Hotchkis kit, 900.00 ouch!, as for brakes what I want and what I can afford are two different things, I was looking at TCE's, Brembo's kit's is just to expensive, as well as banging arround the idea of buying stans rotor's and calling it a day, Chuck you know better than me, any advice would be very helpful. I can tell you what I want, I want a bolt on, no cutting, welding, hammer adjusting, missing hardware that can only be ordered from there warehouse in Brazil, you get the idea, I want better performance at the track but more important to me on the street, I don't want to be tearing up rotors at every event or every 3 months on the street with some monster compound pad, just a nice upgrade that will outperform the stock setup, look good:tu: and be easy to live with. Todd

Forgot to mention this above but the whole setup arrived yesterday, thank you chickenears, everything looks top notch, I expected it to be nice but even I was impressed, the finish is beautiful on the sway, coils ect...the Blistiens look stock just the way I like em', hopefully it bolts in and works as good as it looks. T

Todd, I have the hotchkis kit, gives the truck a great stance, its a tad aggressive and probably not something to use for a daily driver. I got my set up from mike, springs, qa1 shocks, panhard bar and hotchkis kit. I still have to dial it in for the autox. Chuck is the man when it comes to putting in a suspension, thanks buddy :eek:ldtu:

Hey Probie, I forgot Chuck does suspension work, if your interested Chuck get in touch with me, I'll have JDM still do the locker and Girddle, so no broken appointments. As for the daily driving issues, no problem I have a company car plus I just bought a new Jeep so the truck in now truly a garage queen. The QA1's are really nice but with all I've spent and will be spending this year, I just went with the Blistiens, I can always upgrade the shocks if they don't perform and at this point the weak point is going to be me, not the shocks. I'm going to order one of stan panhard bars and Dbl G's diff. mount so it will work with the girddle. I figure with the new Kenne bell plus fuel upgrades ect.. I should be at 500hp, the max for me on stock block, add to that the the suspension upgrades and it should be a fun package, next on the list a brake package and wheels.

todd abbott said:
Hey Probie, I forgot Chuck does suspension work, if your interested Chuck get in touch with me, I'll have JDM still do the locker and Girddle, so no broken appointments. As for the daily driving issues, no problem I have a company car plus I just bought a new Jeep so the truck in now truly a garage queen. The QA1's are really nice but with all I've spent and will be spending this year, I just went with the Blistiens, I can always upgrade the shocks if they don't perform and at this point the weak point is going to be me, not the shocks. I'm going to order one of stan panhard bars and Dbl G's diff. mount so it will work with the girddle. I figure with the new Kenne bell plus fuel upgrades ect.. I should be at 500hp, the max for me on stock block, add to that the the suspension upgrades and it should be a fun package, next on the list a brake package and wheels.

Stan's Bar may not be long enough to fit with my set up, When I designed mine I increased the length of things. I also use a larger diameter Hiem joint.

Longer is better you know..You will also need a full bracket for the dif. cover you are planning on using.

Last edited:
Back