Lowering Kit results.

• Thread starter DAVE94LIGHTNING
  • Start date
D

DAVE94LIGHTNING

The kit was easy to install and the truck sits slightly lower, more noticeable in the front. Only drawback was that I had to pay $200 for alignment due to the need for the eccentric bushings. Handling is noticeably tighter and the ride quality is not really affected.

Dave,

Which lowering kit did you use, and what bushings were necessary? Did you use rubber or polyeurthiane bushings(sp?) Did it shorten your steering wheel radius?

Thanks, John Wilde

John,

Jason here from Houston. I just lower my G1 lightning last week. I got the STEED kit from Downs Ford. Wtich came with coil springs and rear shackles, the coil springs had STEED stamp on them, but the shackles came in a little box that had Eibach instructions with them. What every the kit is calld (STEED/Eibach)it lowered my 1995 1" in the front and back. About the bushings I used polyeurthiane bushing from Energy Suspension. I put new upper and lower ball jonts.

Dave,
The alignment only cost me 118.00 with two camber bushings.

Hope this helps,:)

Jason Jones
95 Lightning

Yeah, I used the steeda kit which comes with eibach springs. Good quality parts. The steering seems a little tighter maybe due to the shortened radius I also used the polyurethane bushings.

Back