Love this Truck

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
Wow, to me this truck sits perfect and looks soooo good. Never really been a fan of green, but I like it on this one.

Sure is! Hate the gas tank being in the cab though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, weird they left it in there instead of moving it. And to others, yes I know they came behind the seat stock, I had a 1970 that I wish I never sold!

Yup me and my father both have 72 single cab short beds, there both rough project trucks but we enjoy them, I’ve considered taking my front tank out of my lightning and putting it in my f100 to get rid of that tank behind the bench seat. I don’t think I will ever sell mine.

Yeah, weird they left it in there instead of moving it. And to others, yes I know they came behind the seat stock, I had a 1970 that I wish I never sold!

I had a 79 F100 short bed with 302 and AC that I wish I never sold too. I loved that truck. It’s actually the vehicle that changed me from a Chevy to a Ford guy because it was so reliable. Now I only own and buy Ford’s. I’ve got a yard full of them.. all fully functioning reliable transportation as expected. The Lightning is the shop queen and is in the same category although while building this fuel system, I’m having to take it easier on it than I like to…lol

My Dad's '53 F-250 only had the behind-the-seat gas tank. He ended up removing it and installing an aftermarket tank underneath the cab on the driver side. His '73 F-350 (replaced the '53 when the flathead cracked the block) had the dual tanks; which he removed and plugged the front tank that was behind the seat. With the 390FE and the C6; it meant he stopped at the gas station more often.

Back