Wanted: Looking to buy a 03-04 Lightning, near west coast

wtb01-04L!

Hi i am located in arizona and i am looking to pick up a 03-04 lightning with under 80k miles. I will consider 01-02 but my main interest is 03-04. Color isnt a huge concern mainly just price, mileage and it being clean. Im not a lowballer when i say price it just needs to be fair not paying 2k over KBB price. I would be purchasing within the next 2-4 weeks, my current truck was just totalled so its just a matter of waiting to see how long it takes for the check to get to me.

I have an '04 Silver L I might be willing to sell. Under 40k miles, second owner since 6k, full synthetic ever since. I am presently in the process of moving to northern AZ from Huntington Beach, CA. Truck has full Hotchkiss TVS suspension with Caltracs. Has a number of bolt-on mods (Jet Hot coated shorty headers, Magnaflow cat back, single blade TB, LFP cold air intake with conical filter, 4# pulley, perf VB and cast 4x4 trans pan, AMW catch can, Bedrug, AEM wideband and Autometer Phantom boost gauges (dual A pillar mount), SCTXCAL2 tuner, dyno tuned) but is still CA smog legal (recent smog documentation). Truck currently has Boyd Coddington custom polished wheels with fresh F1's. Stock wheels an option. This truck has NEVER been raced. Body/interior excellent. No dents, no dings, no accidents. Only flaw is some "chin rash" that is not visible unless you are standing at a distance in front of truck. Because truck is lowered, it is easy to do; new owner can live with it or I can get it repaired. Have all OEM take-off stock parts. Might be willing to put back to stock (except for suspension - too much work !). LMK what you think might be "fair" if interested.

I might be interested in selling my Red 2002 Lightning, but I don't think you will be able to buy a one at KBB prices. I just bought a crew cab Laramie and the dealer offered me $9500 (trade-in), but some are getting nearly twice that in private sales. I live in West Phoenix and my Lightning hasn't seen any rain or snow. Always garaged, no chips, dents, or paint fade. It might be the cleanest 2002 anywhere. Looks just like the day I bought it. It's all factory, 40,300 miles. Let me know you think a fair price would be for that.

I don't KBB does a good job of recognizing prices of the more collectible vehicles. A lot of owners have kept their vehicles in mostly new condition compared to the average car or truck.

Back