Looking for some tips

Litng1

Harrison Motorsports
I Support the NLOC
Im going from the drag race setup to get the 95 to handle like she did when new.
Ive now got a set of stock rims and front swaybar Im putting back on.Ive got a set of ranchos on the rear and I removed a leaf spring will having a leaf spring out hurt performace even with the ranchos?
What shocks should I run on here something like stock would be fine with me.Ive got drag shocks front and rear right now.Whats the proper why to decide what lengh shocks to run front and rear.
Ive got drag spings now up front what road race spring should I run.I want to keep the truck low like it is now id guess three inches lower than stock is how it sets.Just anything or advice you guys can give is great.Where to buy springs etc...:thumbup:

Im going from the drag race setup to get the 95 to handle like she did when new.
Ive now got a set of stock rims and front swaybar Im putting back on.Ive got a set of ranchos on the rear and I removed a leaf spring will having a leaf spring out hurt performace even with the ranchos?
What shocks should I run on here something like stock would be fine with me.Ive got drag shocks front and rear right now.Whats the proper why to decide what lengh shocks to run front and rear.
Ive got drag spings now up front what road race spring should I run.I want to keep the truck low like it is now id guess three inches lower than stock is how it sets.Just anything or advice you guys can give is great.Where to buy springs etc...:thumbup:

Sorry for the delayed response.

Generally the softer the rear spring the more understeer you will induce. I had a Gen 2, so I'm not well versed into which springs work better for the Gen 1s. However, shock length is very important. You want to make sure that your shocks do not bottom out or top out anywhere in the travel of the suspension. the easiest way to check bottom out, is to put a zip tie around the shaft, make it snug. Go for a aggressive drive, park the truck and check where the zip tie sits on the shaft. If it all the way to the top, you are bottoming out. Topping out is a little harder to diagnose, other than steering wheel feel, which is vague as he11 in a Ford steering gearbox.

Sitting three inches lower than stock lightning or 3 inches lower than F150? If you are 3 inches lower than L spec, you may be into bump steer issues. Do a search in Gen 2 forums, for bump steer. The is a very good disertation by Tiim Skelton on this topic.

Spring rates are somewhere between straight math/snake oil/a nd driving style. You can definately over spring your tires, you can definately underspring your driving style. I think RUSlow in the vendor section still makes front coil springs. I would go with his stuff in a heart beat. AS far as rear leafs, if Hotchkis makes a rear leaf set for the Gen 1, I'de use it.

Back