Longest owner and longest in nloc

Member since bought new in 95 and all we had was a mail list and then email only type forum group

I can remember visiting the ol Hookertoo page many times back in 97-98 (I believe), and then I was deployed to Kuwait.
I have a 94 that I picked up in 96 and I'm still driving that very same rig...slightly modified of course. Over many years, I've had lots of help from Dave Pickrel, Jerry Skinner, Steve Stock and Jeff Sparkman...Thanks!!!

I bought my 94 Lightning on 07/05/94. Bought it for myself on my 26 birthday. Cant remember any old member #s. I do remember Kurt Walker tried to start a club back in 94-95. I did pay to join that. Got monthly news letters.

I bought my used to be red but now faded to pink 1993 on 01-04-1994 and member #125. Still have it with 64,000 miles and never drive it. I did get offered $1700 for it last November and just told the gentleman that the truck was less than a beater and I could not consciously sell that kind of problems to some one else.

I bought my 94 Lightning on 07/05/94. Bought it for myself on my 26 birthday. Cant remember any old member #s. I do remember Kurt Walker tried to start a club back in 94-95. I did pay to join that. Got monthly news letters.

Was that the old SVT Performance club out of South Florida?

I bought my used to be red but now faded to pink 1993 on 01-04-1994 and member #125. Still have it with 64,000 miles and never drive it. I did get offered $1700 for it last November and just told the gentleman that the truck was less than a beater and I could not consciously sell that kind of problems to some one else.

What's wrong with it? Is it rusted out?

I was going through old text messages and ran across a message with a link to this thread, so I thought I'd weigh in.

The original mailing list and Yahoo group weren't associated with the NLOC. I created the remailer list after having spent a few years on an similar list related to the Taurus SHO. I thought I'd started the Yahoo group, too, which I then turned moderation of over to John Norris when I took over NLOC and created the forums - but maybe Raymond created it and I just directed everyone there from the remailer group? I remember Raymond had the chat group, though, for sure. The idea was to leave that entity separate from the NLOC so that things in the Yahoo group weren't "politicized" even though I took a far more open approach with the club and Lightning-related information than had been the case before.

We're talking 20 years ago and I'm old now so it's all kind of lost in the fog of war!

My original truck (the one I still have) I bought out of Milwaukee in early 1996 and I'm NLOC member #25. It's amusing to me that it has serious undercoating and had a block heater, but then spent most of its on-road life in Louisiana and California. I have ALL of the NLOC information I ever had in a safe at home, including a ton of pictures that are actual photographs. I would scan those to post them to the members section of the web site.

1998 I attended the World Ford Challenge (WFC) in Bowling Green and met people like Sal, Jason Brown, Vern Jones and Marcus Harrison (to name a few). An amusing historical note, I originally met Jason in an AOL chat room in '96 or '97 and basically called him full of crap about his truck, so he sent me POLAROIDS of it in the mail, (like, with a stamp and everything), which I still have! Seeing his truck run at that first WFC, even though it had some issues at that event, was the beginning of my turbo addiction, even though I didn't dive down the rabbit hole until a few years later. His truck was so mild mannered, quiet, etc, that it really drove home how much power could be made with a really streetable combo.

At the '99 WFC the process had started for me to eventually take the helm of the NLOC from Jerry, who'd taken the reins from Sal. I'm actually in the video they made at the 1999 WFC because they were surprised that I'd driven my then-12-second truck 800 miles to race it and had every confidence that I'd drive it back home. My have times have changed in terms of performance!

Jason Brown is probably most to blame for my problem!

I was going through old text messages and ran across a message with a link to this thread, so I thought I'd weigh in.

The original mailing list and Yahoo group weren't associated with the NLOC. I created the remailer list after having spent a few years on an similar list related to the Taurus SHO. I thought I'd started the Yahoo group, too, which I then turned moderation of over to John Norris when I took over NLOC and created the forums - but maybe Raymond created it and I just directed everyone there from the remailer group? I remember Raymond had the chat group, though, for sure. The idea was to leave that entity separate from the NLOC so that things in the Yahoo group weren't "politicized" even though I took a far more open approach with the club and Lightning-related information than had been the case before.

We're talking 20 years ago and I'm old now so it's all kind of lost in the fog of war!

My original truck (the one I still have) I bought out of Milwaukee in early 1996 and I'm NLOC member #25. It's amusing to me that it has serious undercoating and had a block heater, but then spent most of its on-road life in Louisiana and California. I have ALL of the NLOC information I ever had in a safe at home, including a ton of pictures that are actual photographs. I would scan those to post them to the members section of the web site.

1998 I attended the World Ford Challenge (WFC) in Bowling Green and met people like Sal, Jason Brown, Vern Jones and Marcus Harrison (to name a few). An amusing historical note, I originally met Jason in an AOL chat room in '96 or '97 and basically called him full of crap about his truck, so he sent me POLAROIDS of it in the mail, (like, with a stamp and everything), which I still have! Seeing his truck run at that first WFC, even though it had some issues at that event, was the beginning of my turbo addiction, even though I didn't dive down the rabbit hole until a few years later. His truck was so mild mannered, quiet, etc, that it really drove home how much power could be made with a really streetable combo.

At the '99 WFC the process had started for me to eventually take the helm of the NLOC from Jerry, who'd taken the reins from Sal. I'm actually in the video they made at the 1999 WFC because they were surprised that I'd driven my then-12-second truck 800 miles to race it and had every confidence that I'd drive it back home. My have times have changed in terms of performance!

Jason Brown is probably most to blame for my problem!

Isn't it crazy how much time has gone by? At one time I had archived all of the mailing list, but I cannot find it :(

You're right the fog of 20+ years is tough, I am pretty sure I set up the mailing list when it was on Alta Vista and then turned it over to you when I started getting busy with life and trying to run Performance Specialties. I remember when I came back and started a ruckus because of that kid named Chuck who wanted to lower and (GASP!) notch his truck. I can still remember typing my reply that had something like "if he wants to glue toilet paper rolls to his hood he can 'cause it's his truck" :) Anyway I wish I could remember who I handed it over to in 2005 because the list is still there in Google land, but I cannot get in to manage it.

Oh and yeah I ran the forum off my Performance Specialties web server for a bit, back when we were trying to decide if we wanted mailing list or the new fangled forums L O L

I was thinking more last night and I think there were two Yahoo entities. First was a remailing service that we migrated to when american.edu ended all of the listservs, then there was the actual Yahoo group. John moderated the remailer.

How's that for technobabble??

I was thinking more last night and I think there were two Yahoo entities. First was a remailing service that we migrated to when american.edu ended all of the listservs, then there was the actual Yahoo group. John moderated the remailer.

How's that for technobabble??

You know what, I am confusing my EEC-Tuner group with the Lightning group me-thinks :)

Listserv and not alt.binaries? Amazing how much time has passed since those days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back