Live in CO and have been dynotuned????

natasphd00

The Saint
Recently moved here, running a tune from JJ.

I was just wondering from the guys who have been dynotuned at altitude how much timing you are running on 91 octane. Any help is appreciated.

Saint

wow, nobody in CO has been dynotuned....weird!!

C'mon guys, I am putting it on the dyno and I want to get a ballpark on where to put my timing, as a starting point.

Saint

I don't know why no one has posted I know there are a few guys. I'm no help to you cause I have a JJ tune also. I talked to you at truck fest with Aaron. Where you taking it for the tune??

Jeff

Springs or Denver?

Scott @ P&P Performace would be your best bet, But hes east of Denver, He's got a first Gen L. GREAT TUNER!!

I don't know why no one has posted I know there are a few guys. I'm no help to you cause I have a JJ tune also. I talked to you at truck fest with Aaron. Where you taking it for the tune??

Jeff

I was hoping to keep the JJ tune and have a reputable tuner tweak it....not sure if its possible. The tune I am running now is my safe tune from JJ at 15*, but I have slowly upped it to 18*...so far so good. Just not sure how far to go with this altitude. I want to bring it to the track on a test and tune day, if any of you guys are interested in doing the same thing it would be great to meet you there. Either Pueblo or Bandimere.

Saint

I would say you should be able to get 20* without any problems just keep doing what your doing take it slow and if you hear anything let out. I wouldn't mind gettin to the track, but don't have the time this week or next.

I'm actually inquiring how much it would cost to get JJ here, waiting on a response from him. I heard he vacations here in the Fall, so that may work out for us. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from him.

Otherwise, it looks like P&P or Finishline.

Saint

I'm actually inquiring how much it would cost to get JJ here, waiting on a response from him. I heard he vacations here in the Fall, so that may work out for us. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from him.

Otherwise, it looks like P&P or Finishline.

Saint

call the guys at finishline, they are top notch.

getting baseline tomorrow at Revolutions Performance in colorado springs. Hoping I can just tweak the tune I have and be good. I'll post video/dyno sheet tomorrow.
Edit: On a dynojet, put down 492/601 today. Not too shabby for this altitude. Have the printout to prove it.

Saint

Last edited:
If anyone is still looking at this thread, I went to Finish Line. They always do great work, and very knowledgeable with the higher horsepower tunes. They won't BS you if you need work done or sell you something that you won't be happy with. Wish I would have talked to them before purchasing my methanol kit. Custom tunes do take awile with them, they like to make sure it is spot on and no problem areas. The tune helped my transmission also. But get it tuned I toasted my stock engine before I learned my lesson.

Back