LightningFest-Joliet 2011

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
All right Boys and Girls,

Mark 23-26 June in your calenders. :eek:ldtu:

The NLOC & NHTOC are teaming with NMRA/ProMedia and having the 2011 version of LightningFest at the Joliet NMRA Super Bowl this year.

We are pleased to announce the following:
  1. The LightningFest parking area is the same location in the pits as the 2009 reserved area. 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile along the fence.
  2. There will be a 20' x 40' tent w/tables & chairs in our area.
  3. The NLOC will sponsor a cookout for the Truck folks on Friday night. The cost is $12 for adults, children under 12 eat free.
  4. The LightningFest-Joliet 2011 Truck Show will be held on Sunday in the LightningFest reserved area....more info to follow.
  5. The NLOC/NHTOC will be selling merchandise in the reserved area.
  6. NMRA/ProMedia has agreed to add a Detroit Locker Top Truck class.
  • $500 Win
  • $250 Runner-Up
  • $125 Semis
  • $60 Quarters
This is like the past LightningFest Pro Truck Heads-up class. More info to follow!

Stay tuned for more information on the event!

Thanks to Steve, Charlie, Jeff, and ProMedia for working with us to make this combined event happen. :thumbup:

...Dwight...

Question for the washlo guys that have gone. Is it realistic to think i can drive out there in 3 days without taxing myself? Wife and I were figuring leave monday, drive the 90 and 94(family in ND) spend thursd friday saturday there, leave sunday or monday and head home.

Definitely can be done, but it is a tall order. Just west of Chicago---it is a ride- but I like to drive and there is some beautiful scenery --even in the badlands of SD. I say do it, a great adventure.:eek:ldtu:

Question for the washlo guys that have gone. Is it realistic to think i can drive out there in 3 days without taxing myself? Wife and I were figuring leave monday, drive the 90 and 94(family in ND) spend thursd friday saturday there, leave sunday or monday and head home.

Yep, it can be done. Figure around 750 miles a day though. Lots of miles each day ! Some kind of INSANE fun at the track !

;k

Holy cow.....this couldn't work out any better. That is about the same time we were planning on heading over to see all the relatives.....and they are all real close to the track!!!!!!!!:clap::3g::buddies::clinkmugs:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ready you're COOLERS!!!

Thats right its the 2nd annual COOLER RACES!!:thumbup:

Uh, Gumby it would be the THIRD annual cooler races. Cooler racing got started in '08 at the world headquarters hotel for all classes of Lightning cooler racing (the same place we were in '10).

At Joliett it'll be the first "touring" cooler racing east of the Mississippi.....:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

;k

750 miles a day is nothing to me, i did Florida to Oregon in 2 days(friday at noon to sunday at 1600) and I've done Walla Walla - San Diego three times in 1 day.
but, i just found out I can't go. We are putting the ship in dry dock during the time period i'd be gone, and I am not allowed to miss that. Such is life.

Steve, am I finally going to get to meet you in person after 10 years?

Well Mr. Stickman, I'd say there is a great possibility of that this year. Can you get Ralph, Justin, Larry, Dennis, Rich, Paul and Freddy to come too??
Lets do a clean sweep of the Delvallo

I'll do my best but your going to have to work on Justin and Larry. I haven't spoken to Larry in a longggg time and only to Justin once in the last year. I'll work on the other guys. I called Ralph last night to inform him of the new class that he can compete in (one with no ET cap).

Well I am going to swing it one way or another. Looks like I dont have any vacation/time to leave from work till June 22. So it looks like I will be flying in. We will see how things work out. I cant wait to hang with you all again.

Jennifer

Back