LightningFest 8 - Joliet 2011

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
All right Boys and Girls,

Mark 23-26 June in your calenders. :eek:ldtu:

The NLOC & NHTOC are teaming with NMRA/ProMedia and having the 2011 version of LightningFest at the Joliet NMRA Super Bowl this year.

We are pleased to announce the following:
  1. The LightningFest parking area is the same location in the pits as the 2009 reserved area. 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile along the fence.
  2. There will be a 20' x 40' tent w/tables & chairs in our area.
  3. The NLOC will sponsor a cookout for the Truck folks on Friday night. The cost is $12 for adults, children under 12 eat free.
  4. The LightningFest-Joliet 2011 Truck Show will be held on Sunday in the LightningFest reserved area....more info to follow.
  5. The NLOC/NHTOC will be selling merchandise in the reserved area.
  6. NMRA/ProMedia has agreed to add a Detroit Locker Top Truck class.
  • $500 Win
  • $250 Runner-Up
  • $125 Semis
  • $60 Quarters
This is like the past LightningFest Pro Truck Heads-up class. More info to follow!

Stay tuned for more information on the event!

Thanks to Steve, Charlie, Jeff, and ProMedia for working with us to make this combined event happen. :thumbup:

...Dwight...

Just trying to get my budget worked out and I was wondering about admission costs? Are Lightningfest folks required to purchase a ticket for the NMRA event? Either way, do you know how much it will cost for weekend admission to L-fest and the NMRA event? I won't be racing. Me and my father will spend the weekend as spectators. My first L-fest and I am soooo excited for this!!! Thanks for the info.

Just trying to get my budget worked out and I was wondering about admission costs? Are Lightningfest folks required to purchase a ticket for the NMRA event? Either way, do you know how much it will cost for weekend admission to L-fest and the NMRA event? I won't be racing. Me and my father will spend the weekend as spectators. My first L-fest and I am soooo excited for this!!! Thanks for the info.

This link should help. I hope. There are alot of diferent price's depeding on days you will be there.

NMRA Digital

We just made our hotel reservations.

Just curious what everyone is doing as far as event tickets, I don't plan on racing... that i know of yet.

Is everyone associated with L-fest going to be going to the track on thursday?

or would the friday-sunday ticket be the best bet? what is the schedule for our gang?

We just made our hotel reservations.

Just curious what everyone is doing as far as event tickets, I don't plan on racing... that i know of yet.

Is everyone associated with L-fest going to be going to the track on thursday?

or would the friday-sunday ticket be the best bet? what is the schedule for our gang?

From what I remember Thursday is for racers only.

does anyone know if "non" racing participants will be able to have there truck in the NLOC area?

this has probably been addressed and i just missed it... sorry if its a repeat.

I believe so but maybe Dwight can confirm.

I figured since its getting closer to go time i'd ask this question again... :D

Ron and I are both planning on driving out on Thursday, we planned on hanging out at the track Friday, Saturaday and until lunch time about on Sunday.

We are not sure if we want to make passes yet or not, but we for sure want to park the trucks in the area our (NLOC) group, not out in the general parking lot.

Would it be better to purchase the Friday - Sunday spec/crew pass for $70 or should we buy the Friday-Sunday bracket participant $100?

can we simply buy them on friday, or should be pre-purchase them?

Matt,

I am nnot sure I they sell pit passes seprate.

If it come down to it I would pay to Race True Street. It is the cheapest thing I believe to race plus it is fun if you do decided to make some passes.

In 08 the cruise was on the Circle Track that the Cup cars race on.

I cant wait, this will be my first LightningFest.

hopefully i can get into the reserved parking area without having to race. i dont plan on doing any passes, im just going to hangout.

Charles

i got my reservations made and everything but also curious bout how the parking and stuff is gonna be. I have never been to a big event like this or a lightningfest so the more info ahead of time would be great to help us newbs out. i dont plan on entering any races but some TNT is always fun.

Back