LightningFest 5 Event Hotel and Tailgating

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
We have contacted the Comfort Suites in Independence again, and we will have a city permit for parking lot tailgating for 2007 (we pay for the license)!

We will post the reservation price (more than last year) and discount code in the next week...watch for it.

The fiasco in the parking lot this year has resulted in a written apology to Nan! :clap:

BigD said:
We have contacted the Comfort Suites in Independence again, and we will have a city permit for parking lot tailgating for 2007 (we pay for the license)!

Thats Great!!! I will reserve my room as soon as you get the needed info.

Also let Frank and I know how much will be our part of the License Fee for the Wraslin Match. :D J/J That's not going to happen again this year. Once was enough.

I guess the hotel wasnt too happy with people drinking beer in the parking lot. I had heard the cops showed up at one point but I did not actually see it.

383svt said:
What happened in the parking lot this year?
I was told that in that county or twp or whatever, you have to have a permit to tailgate/party. We didn't have it and the hotel never told us even though they were aware of our plans. The group was accomadated.

Not yet as we are still trying to work out the tailgating. It now seems that we must have a caterer who serves drinks to get a permit from the city. The permit is only $15, but I am sure the "caterer" must be licenced also.

Maybe it is time to move out of Independence MO to a more friendly city.:?

BigD said:
Not yet as we are still trying to work out the tailgating. It now seems that we must have a caterer who serves drinks to get a permit from the city. The permit is only $15, but I am sure the "caterer" must be licenced also.

Maybe it is time to move out of Independence MO to a more friendly city.:?

Big D,

I have a license in "mixology." Just need to renew it. ;)

Back