Lightning shoot out

Never 2 Fast

The Heartbeat STOPS here
Well all you probley know that Wes is trying to get a Lightning day at the track set up for this fall:db:. ( I hope it all works out). But as people know it is very expensive. Well a friend of mine found a website that is simalir to the NLOC, its a F bodys of ks. We have been thinking that if we were not able to get enough people intrested in the lightning day that we could maybe challenge the F body. Its just a thought it might be a cheaper way to go about renting the track becasue you know how many DAM Cameros and Firebirds are on the road. And with a whole club like that come down probley like 30 it would help out the price of renting the track. And it might raise a little more ears when they hear A lightning Vs. F body. Its just a thought. I dont even know if they would be intrested for sure or not. And i bet OKC has some kinda F body club. But it they do show up we would need some 11 sec lightning, there are a couple f bodys running that fast here. Most just 12 and 13. Well like i said its just a thought. I am just trying to think of ways to help out with renting the track.:nb: Later guys

Have I got a deal for you...I am in the TFCC (Tulsa Firebird and Camaro Club)...and we are a sister club to COFBA (Central Oklahoma F Body Association. I would be more than happy to help however I can to get the TFCC and COFBA invloved in this event. The Oklahoma City Club has a lot more die hard drag racers. But we have a handful of guys here in Tulsa that I am sure would take part.
If you want to make it happen let me know and I will get you some people to contact in each club.

hey amy i have several friends in cofba here in OKC i didnt even think about asking these guys .. ill ask and see what they say..

I can tell you right now..........COFBA will love to have a shoot out with the Lightning club. Since I am a member of COFBA...... I think we can make it happen. If there is any real interest maybe we (L's) could join with the Mustang club when COFBA has their shoot out. Or maybe make it a Lightning/Mustang/COFBA shoot out. If you have any ideas let me know and I'll bring it up to Todd/Bernie/ and the planning committee.

I will bring it up at the board meeting. The Mustang/Cofba shoot out date has not be set in stone yet, but it looks like towards the end of the season. I will let you know.

That would be better if we teamed up with the mustang club......we just dont have enough trucks to take on the cofba club

Jerry

As long as you set up the rules such that numbers don't matter you should be okay. You won't want to match up the fastest L with the fastest F-body because they could potentailly have a whole lot more cars. But you will have to agree on the rules from the start.

I think the buick Ford shoot out is set up the fastest two race and then on down the line until the last pair . If you have 50 fbodys and 60 L's and stangs only 50 get to race.And it is heads up.

The Ks F bodys want in on the action too. There is 7 people who want to know if it is going to happen and when, sounds like this is the way to go. If it can all come toghter i think it would be perfect. Wes already sent a post on getting the shoot out in the NLOC paper so we may be able to get other lightning owners from neighboring states to come and get in on the fun:tu: I love this little thing ----------->;g

Back