Lightning/Harley GTG in CT - Sept 14th

oldtimer

Old Ford Lover
I've posted a couple of threads with pix from the Mark's Classic Cruise in various forums. We have about 6-7 guys indicating they will come out on Monday, September 14th for a GTG at this show. It is a FREE event, all you have to do is show up, drive in, park your vehicle, and check out the other 800 unique show cars that come out. The gates open at 5PM and the show is over at 9PM.

I don't go every Monday night, but they do hold it every Monday night depending on the weather. But just picture between 700-1000 cars on display, parked in a 15 acre lawn. They have a DJ, sometimes a live band, plus they have food and soft drinks. Most times they have a "feature night" which is where they dedicate the front parking area (about 200 cars worth) to a specific brand/model like Mustangs, Corvettes, Mopars, Rat Rods, etc.. The "other' show cars park as they drive in... and the drive in is slow and tight, past the reviewing stand where there's usually a couple, three hundred people checking out your ride as you follow the procession in. Once pass that, there are flagmen who direct you to the next open row for parking. The guy who runs the deal told me that if there are 20 or more of a type of vehicle, he'll save a special spot for them somewheres up front, but he's got to know in advance. This is a FREE event, and its basically a giant gearhead rally. Here's some of the pix that I have taken... a little gearhead teaser!
:laughing25

marksaug18-01.jpg

marksaug18-02.jpg

marksaug18-05.jpg

marksaug18-12.jpg

marksaug18-13.jpg

Photos-4692.jpg

Photos-4699.jpg

Photos-4688.jpg

Photos-4694.jpg

Photos-4709.jpg

That last picture above is at the far end of the upper "pasture" (there's no cows) and the cars beyond the roped off area are the spectator cars... usually another 300 or more.

If you decide to come, you might want to bring a folding chair(s), maybe a few soft drinks in a cooler. If you have something to sell, toss it in the back of your truck... never can tell.

The event runs 5-9 and I figured we could leave early and maybe hit a local pizza joint. I know a good one that is right on an exit on I-91 just 5 minutes from the Cruise location. Nothing formal, just a possible option.

I'll be there on the 14th, and I'm pretty sure Jim Doherty from Total Induction Tuning will be there with his Harley or maybe he'll be driving the turbo Lightning if its not out racing someplace. JtbtheWelder is coming with his Lightning too. DiCapri50 is coming with his Lightning and Ct.TOPGUN is probably coming too. Its all highway driving except the last half mile.

Mike

Back