lightning bob intercooler

B

bigredbeast

Lightning bob when I last talked to you at cordova you said you where getting your intercooler fix and all the rest right. Well I took my truck in last week and told them the problem. They said they would check it out. So the next day I got it back and my service guy told me that they pressure tested it and check it and could find nothing wrong with it. He said we'll fill it up and if it goes down past the line anytime in the future come back. I said see you next week. He looked at me funny. So two days later after probably 200 miles of driving it was completely empty. Well needless to say my service man was shocked and said something must have happened over the weekend (ya the coolant leaked out dumbass). Brought it back today after work and he was in shock when he saw the coolant was gone. He gaurantees it will be fixed this time. Anyway what is the name of the place you went too, to get yours done. I would like to warn everyone away from Nives Rizza Ford in orland park. They suck. Still haven't had time to put the shift kit and NOS in the truck yet. Thanks bob hope to see you at byron if I'm not out of town. We just got a Big 9 month abatment slash demolition job.

bigredbeast

I just got my truck back yesterday from Joe Cotton Ford in Carol Stream. They ended up replacing the intercooler, spark plugs, all gaskets, oil & filter, 2 fog lights, and my spare tire hoist all under warranty. They did not replace the blower as they originally told me they were going to, but I didn't think anything was wrong with it to start with. Everthing looks to be back in its original order, but I haven't driven the truck since I brought it home. They were absolutely great as far as service for this problem. There is a procedural "chain of command" dealers must follow on warranty work of this type. On the initial visit, my dealer did have to do a pressure/leak test as you had done on yours. The problem with their leak test is that the intercooler leaks are small until under boost when the intercooler is being heated by the blower air. Also, the leak is internal and can not be seen. They are looking for fluid to come out of things like hoses, etc, and that's not where the problem usually is. If your technician calls the SVT hotline, he should be able to get the complete intercooler replacement procedure. The only hitch on mine was they missed getting the gasket between the upper intake and the blower, which ended up costing me 3 more days in the shop until they received one. Otherwise it would have been done in one day. If you want to talk to them the number is 630-682-9200. The Service Manager's name is Tony Renaldo, and he WILL take care of you. They have always treated me right at Joe Cotton. Pull off your aftermarket speed equipment including your chip, and reset your ECM by disconnecting the battery and then turning on your headlights for a few minutes, just in case, as I have not yet tested those waters with them.
Good Luck,

Lightning Bob

[This message has been edited by Lightning Bob (edited 09-20-2000).]

Back