Lightning and snow

run351

Looking for low 13's NA
No more will it be an issue, I bought my new truck.
I did not want to change the ford/Red theme to much. I wanted a vehicle that could tow (7200lbs), drive in the snow, and carry 5 people comfortably. I found it in an Adrenalin version of the Sport trac. Its a 4.6L w/AWD.
The Lightning is still my pride and joy, but now it will get a break from the bad weather. The new Sport trac is pretty big as you can see from the photo.
red_pair.JPG

Good luck with it. How is the fuel mileage? Have you towed with it yet? I am interested in the results. Debating replacing my Bronco with a good multi purpose vehicle. Thinking Sporttrac or F150.
Jim

I bet you got it for a good price? Reports show that Ford truck sales have plummetted over the past year. So much so that they are stopping production early. People are going smaller and greener nowadays.

Anyway, it looks awesome, John!

Randy

I am looking at 17.5' trailers, but not yet. I have to talk to Jody about the best trailer size and configuration.

for MPG, So far if I believe the gauges (miles to empty or mpg read out)
It says I have been getting 18.1 on the highway and reads 15.0 - 15.5 mpg around town. Thats with the AC going and don't forget this one is AWD. This is fairly large so I am happy.

Its very quiet inside and very comfortable to drive. Its loaded with more safety features than any other vehicle I looked at in its catagory. I am not use to a power moon roof, light in your face, so thats kinda neat.
My wife can play music off a thumbdrive, and with the Sirius/Sync technogy, you can talk to pick songs and make calls, but it doenst seem to like my voice yet. :angry:
Technology.

But hands down it looks great, awesome wheels, its comfortable and ready for the snow.

I dont expect gas to go down at all and it will probably increase but I took that into account.

Nice John:eek:ldtu: You've been talking about a new daily ride I glad to see you got what you wanted, post some more pics, I've yet to see the one one the road.

Back