Lighting Gathering 2002

oilwell1415

As some of you are aware, last October we threw an event together in about 2 weeks and had 12 trucks show up. I was thrilled with that turn out considering the short notice, but would like to have a lot more this year. It's time to start planning the 02 event. Anybody have any suggestions for what weekend it should be on. Or maybe more importantly, what weekend it SHOULDN'T be on. I know last year we had several activities that conflicted with our event and I want to avoid that as much as possible. Here are some questions for this event that I need input on:

Where will it be?
When will it be?
Who will plan it? (I am willing, but if I do it again, question 1 above is already answered because it will have to be Tulsa)
Who is willing to help with individual events?

I had some help last year, and could have had more if there was more time to coordinate with other people.

One thing I would like to try is a Street truck shootout type of event. I wanted to do this last year, but didn't have time. This would be something similar to the Real Street Eliminator that Car Craft used to do. There would be several events and the truck that had the best average finish in all events wins.

Sponsors for the event would be great, especially if we have a competition. Everybody likes prizes, T-shirts, etc., but we can't have that stuff without cash.

Please post your thoughts here so we can all see them instead of emailing them to only one set of eyes.

Thanks for the input.

events

i dont mind driving to tulsa to a meeting. But the only catch is that you tulsa guys have to come to oklahoma city to some of the meetings we have down here.. all is fair:tu: if you guys had the meeting in tulsa last year then why dont we try to have it around our neighborhood this year? i am willing to help set up dates that work for everyone.. all i need is some communication from everyone..:tu:

I am with ya Wes. I can say right now October is good, but I am not sure which will be the best yet cause my schedule will be changing in October for sure. I like the sound of the event though and wouldnt mind having it in Tulsa again, esp cause I never make it there to race on that track..ever.

Eric

In october is the Ford vs. Buick shoot out at Thunder Valley we should set up the meet for then it was awsome last year

Jerry

Im with jerry on this one... i missed the shoot out last year. but you can bet ill be there this year... so why dont we have it then that way we can have a whole group of lightnings to fight it out with the buicks??? we need some help these buick guys have some awesome cars... it takes quite a bit to out run them.what do you guys say?:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :rolleyes: hello, sound good to you?

Last edited:
I've been to OKC for a few events, and don't mind going back. I just need someone from OKC to take the lead since I'm not very familiar with the area.

GOT YA

hey oilwell ill try to get some one around here to help with this (jerry) and if me and that person(jerry) get something together ill let you know also roddy or anyone else who wants to help me just chime in...:tu:

PLAN "A"

ok what do you guys want to do for plan "A"? i think that next Friday would be the best time to discuss this since ALL of us will be at thunder valley (RIGHT?:confused: ) just seems like a better time to do this that way we can get everyones input...:tu:

I'll be at ThunderValley next Friday 5/10. Would really like to see you guys again. The Ford vs Buick weekend was really cool last year, I think everyone would have a blast this year, especially if there was a big turn out. Would like to see some of my Tulsa buddies again too! I haven't seen hardly anyone since my accident so I'm going to be looking forward to some of the up coming events.

- Rick -

I think you should talk to the folks putting on the Ford-Buick meet and see if it would be ok to mix up some lightnings in there. If its a go with them just post the date and go with it. There will not be a perfect date for everyone. Thanx to you OKC guys for coming up to Tulsa last year, it was a blast. SVTHAULN and myself came to OKC a couple of months ago to pick up the Bassani cat x pipe for my truck from Jerry, does that count? See ya soon, JOHN

johnlightning said:
I think you should talk to the folks putting on the Ford-Buick meet and see if it would be ok to mix up some lightnings in there. If its a go with them just post the date and go with it. There will not be a perfect date for everyone. Thanx to you OKC guys for coming up to Tulsa last year, it was a blast. SVTHAULN and myself came to OKC a couple of months ago to pick up the Bassani cat x pipe for my truck from Jerry, does that count? See ya soon, JOHN

John they have no problem with the Lightning's running.....we had about 6 last year

They gave out $50 for the 5 cars that ran closest to there dial in and lightning's took 3 of the spot's :D :tu:

Jerry

What are the tentative dates right now for Buick vs Ford this year? I went to the one last year or year before last and ran and it was alot of fun.

Eric

Back