Lighting and speedo problem

SamDax

I just recently got my lightning back on the road after a long time off and it has some issues. The main one is a speedometer problem. It’s fine up to about 60, but any higher than that and it just swings back and forth sporadically. I replaced the speed sensor on the rear diff and it made it better, but it still does it. Another problem is my drivers side running light not being on with the rest of my lights. It blinks when the turn signal is on, but is off if I’m not turning. Thank you for solutions.

PRSM might be bad. That's the module on the back of the speedo that drives the needle and records the odometer, etc. Module shops fix them for about $100. Had mine repaired about two years ago.

The aftermarket VSS is crap, You will need to SHAVE the Mount of the VSS to place the VSS closer to the axle for it to work properly. This is common issue with the new VSS, if you havent shaved the "mounting" section to let the VSS sit closer.

The bulb needs to be replaced in the light. It has two filaments, a dimmer one for the running lights and a brighter one for the flasher. The running light filament is burned out.

The original post was almost 2 years ago.

It’s still good info for those new to Gen 1 Lightnings.

1994 Black #1077
CI 351 H rods DSS TW pistons
Trick Flow 170s
Bassani 1 5/8” headers
KB 1.5L Supercharger
Meth Injection
Coil Near Plug
PiMPxs ECU
US SHIFT QUICK4
Punisher VB
WWW.Gen1Jonny.com

Back