Lfest Thanks to Big D, Nan and all those involved

MadNess

Enlarged Member
I have to say:

I really didnt plan to go to Lfest... however Sal and JD Blackwell and a few others worked on swaying me to go.

I would like to say thanks to Big D, Nan and anyone else involved in putting on this event, I couldnt have had a better time :)

It was great to meet everyone there, and to see all those trucks!

I would also like to thank my pit crew, JD Blackwell, PowerSurge Performance!!! Sal and Lisa, as well as all those who motivated me to get the truck running in time :) We still have some things to work out, and some tuning to do, however it will get there :)

I hope there is another Lfest this next year, I would hate to think it was not going to happen.

I second that!! Thanks to all that made this thing happen, and thanks to everyone that came out to support it! Another great event that was well worth the trip.

I hope to see everyone again next year!!

Tom

tliss said:
I second that!! Thanks to all that made this thing happen, and thanks to everyone that came out to support it! Another great event that was well worth the trip.

I hope to see everyone again next year!!

Tom

I agree 100%. I had to fly in, couldn't get the time off to drive 1800+miles each way. Wish I coulda had my truck there but it was still worth attending...JR:db:

I thanked Big D and Nan every time i saw them, and spent a little money at the NLOC booth, and donated some money, not much, but every dollar counts I think.

I too hope to see everyone next year, and if need be, raise the price a little to take the grunt off of Big D and Nan's Shoulders, Ill pay!!

Thanks again for such a great time.
Garrett

What a great couple of days! The weather was unbelievable. The people, from every corner or the US were so friendly and fun to talk to. It would be hard to imagine the event not happening again, I sure as he!! hope that doesn't happen. Dwight and Nan and the whole group should be proud of what they made happen, and I for one applaud their efforts.:tu: Oh ya, did I mention the trucks? What a diverse bunch we are! From wild to stock, everywhere you turned there was something else to see. Wild paint, subtle emblems or hidden flames. It was very cool.

Thanks for everything, Steve

Dwight and Nan, Thank you for a great time again. I enjoyed every second while I was there. You and your crew did a awsome job hosting all of us. Thank you and hope to see you all next year.

Justin

I just have to say last year L-fest was cool....and this year was incredible. Last year Larry and I were new to NLOC and didn't know many people, and this year we were part of a 10 truck caravan to Kansas....just unbelievable. Most of my time this year was spent with fellow ILLNESS members who I have had so much fun getting to know and hanging out with. Thanks to Kim/John, Steve, Fletch, Ray, Rob,Brooks,Troy,and whoever else I may be forgetting for all of the laughs, one liners and fun this weekend. Thanks Jeff for finally taking me for a ride in your truck...all though I will be waiting patiently for a longer one when the truck is no longer leaking!!! Hope your feeling alright! Dwight and Nan a thank-you seems so inadequete....you guys did more than work your tails off to make this all happen. And like I said last year was cool, but this year was just incredible...just imagine what next year will be like!!!!! I would have never imagined how much fun being involved with NLOC would be but let me tell you, if someone happens to plant a money tree in my back yard I'll be the next one to be running out an purchasing a lightning!! Ok, well I could just go on and on but I will stop but not before saying to all of you who are not NLOC members...what is $30 to help keep things like lighning fest going...if you are gaining any knowledge here on these boards you should be joining and paying the small fee for all of the knowledge you gain....and to keep NLOC going......Dwight and Nan deserve your support!!
THanks again Big D and Nan for a truly wonderful experience!!!

By the way I brought a very happy boy home with me after he won 2nd in True Street!

The girly half of funlightningcpl

I had a great time as well...there was a lot of fun to be had. What really makes this event great is the fellowship you get from hanging out with other hardcore L owners. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed making some new friends and hanging out with the ones that I met last year.
The racing was great even though I was put out by my new "friend" Tim LOL With friends like that, who needs enemies, right? JK
There were so many fast trucks (and one damn fast scooter) there this year I was really surprised....it was awesome!
The golf cart race was the best! I've never seen golf carts with weight reduction, open exhaust, open air intake, and the throttle bypassed all just to win a grudge match...I'm just surprised that nobody could figure out a way to get past the ignition cutoff....couldn't y'all have just ran a jumper wire straight from the bat to the positive side of the coil so it would stay hot all the time? I guess we'll have to wait till next year to find out!:D

FunLightningCpl said:
Thanks to Kim/John, Steve, Fletch, Ray, Rob,Brooks,Troy,and whoever else I may be forgetting for all of the laughs, one liners and fun this weekend.

Margie, are you putting your book of one-liners and other "soon-to-be-famous" quotes together?

Don't forget the ever so innocent, never to be duplicated, "when's your birthday?" :D

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Dwight, Nan, Shawn and Donald (and the rest of the crew that I don't know by name)! You all RAWK! I had a GREAT time and really appreciate all the hard work, time, and effort!! :tu: :tu:

I completely agree with everything said, above! I made the first, and second, and have had a great time, each time!

I come down, knowing basically no one, without a group to caravan with, or hang out with, and always come home, with new friends!!!

There are some really great people, that own these trucks! (I may also be a little biased...):tug:

dwight & nan did another great job this year. we would not have missed it after last year and will not miss it again next year. not just because we won 1st place both times in the show. it was great fun meeting new friends and seeing old ones again. we planned this year's event just after last years. it is not hard to make a commitment that far in advance. we would like to thank everyone who showed up as well as everyone who gave nice comments about our truck. it's a lot of work, but it pays off. i just wish i could have fit my slicks in the bed of the truck. we had it packed with show stuff & suitcases! i will need a matching trailer next time for shure!

Back