Let's See Your Tuner Studio Dashes!

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
Was traveling a bit for work the past few weeks so I figured I'd mess around with a new dash while stuck on a plane :) I am not very creative, but was trying to get the most important info (to me) on the screen and available at a glance with both gauge displays and numeric displays. Dunno about you guys, but I still like the gauge view for most things, but others like A/F I gravitate towards the numeric value. Anyway this is my 1st pass, I still need to get the warning indicators lined up and do some other things, but so far so good. It's definitely less distracting to have all the different indicator boxes not visible unless they are in the on state. Main goal is everything will be green under normal circumstances so you focus on driving, but both the gauge and numeric indicators have critical and warning settings to alert you. The altitude display is for when I connect a GPS sensor. Need to find room for it if I decide to make it a gauge. I also put the check engine light symbol inside the tach.

R8 Dash Pic.JPG

R8 Dash Warning Pic.JPG

Mine is still the default view, but I really like some of the changes you've made. How do you modify the dash? I've briefly looked and couldn't figure out how to customize the dash.

Mine is still the default view, but I really like some of the changes you've made. How do you modify the dash? I've briefly looked and couldn't figure out how to customize the dash.
When you have your dash open right click and choose "Designer Mode". Also after you start making changes be sure to right click and do a save as so you do not overwrite your default dash.

So can those of us too lazy to modify our dash, but like some of the changes y'all have made get you dash? Is it a file that can be transferred?

And what are you doing to get actual oil pressure? I notice both your dashes have oil psi, so I'm guessing you've replaced the factory sensor and wired in a new sensor to the Pimp?

So can those of us too lazy to modify our dash, but like some of the changes y'all have made get you dash? Is it a file that can be transferred?

And what are you doing to get actual oil pressure? I notice both your dashes have oil psi, so I'm guessing you've replaced the factory sensor and wired in a new sensor to the Pimp?

Sure, happy to share the file! Drop it in your Tuner Studio folder Tuner Studio\your project name\dashboard (for example mine is Tuner Studio\Lightning\dashboard) Yes, I use an aftermarket sender for oil, fuel, MAP, etc.

Attachments

• R8 Dash.dash
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
White Truck is the same dash without oil pressure, fuel pressure and boost.

whitetruck.JPG

The outer ring on the Air/Fuel Ratio gauge shows the target A:F.

Note that some of the indicators are also "triggers." e.g. "Data Log" activates datalogging and indicates that you're logging. ASE and WUE will pull up the After Start Enrichment and Warm Up Enrichment dialogs respectively.

Attachments

• White Truck.dash
    333.1 KB · Views: 4
  • dashboard.dash
    364.1 KB · Views: 6
Mine is not nearly as fancy as either of yours but has a lot of the same information. maybe i need to play around with it because those both looks great. hows the dark background when its sunny out? better than the light background?

Mine is not nearly as fancy as either of yours but has a lot of the same information. maybe i need to play around with it because those both looks great. hows the dark background when its sunny out? better than the light background?

I really like the high contrast, and no problem seeing it during the day. But I am still just using the laptop as my RacePack is my primary display

To be fair, about the only time I ever look at mine is when the truck is idling in the driveway. Every once in a while I'll flip it open if I catch a red light. Generally, the laptop is closed and under the center arm rest. I just look at the data logs when I get home.

To be fair, about the only time I ever look at mine is when the truck is idling in the driveway. Every once in a while I'll flip it open if I catch a red light. Generally, the laptop is closed and under the center arm rest. I just look at the data logs when I get home.

That was my motivation behind the monochromatic setup. While driving I might glance over just to see if anything is yellow or red, same if I were ever to use it as a dash.

Back