Latest Convoy List?!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Hi Folks,

Please post and list your convoy date, departure location and planned arrival in Topeka!

Thanks,:tu:

...Dwight...

Indianapolis, IN - Leaving Thursday morning @ roughly 7:00 AM, anticipiated arrival in Topeka at approx. 4:00 PM. Will check into the hotel and then head for the track.

As a reminder, anyone coming from points east is welcome to come to my place Wednesday night. You can either crash there (will require sleeping bags - I have over 4000 sq ft of floor, so I can sleep a lot of people) or one of the local hotels. I'll be supplying food and beverage Wednesday night. Please RSVP.

Conway, AR Estimated departure - Friday 5A.M. Should get us in Topeka around 1pm.

Anybody Along the following Rt is more than welcome to join in.

I40 West from Conway to I540 (approx 115 miles)
I540 North until it turns into US71 North into Missouri (approx 75 miles)
Continue on US71 to US54 (approx 110 miles)
US54 West into Kansas (approx 19 miles)
Continue on US54 West to US 75 (approx 58 miles)
US 75 North to Topeka and the Heartland Park exit once it turns into 4 lane. (approx 75 miles)

We've got 6 trucks so far in our caravan.

TX/OK/KS/LA Convoy Up I-35

Info on the Drive up I-35...

BREAKFAST: There is no one place for everyone to meet up for breakfast. Eat whereever your little heart desires

MEETING PLACE: Love’s Truck Stop – 8900 I-35, Exit 473 – this truck stop is north of Denton near Denton Dragway. I can’t recall what corner it is on.

Here is a map of the vacinity
26untitled1.jpg

DEPARTURE TIME: We will leave promptly at 9:30am. Be at the Love’s Truck Stop fueled and ready to go about 10 minutes before this time. We have a schedule to try to meet, so we will not be able to wait around after this time.

RADIOS: Bring your 2-way radios so we can be in communications during the trip. This is how we will be able to coordinate gas stops and whatnot. Please try to get a set of FRS radios for the convoy so that you can keep in touch with everyone else. This is how we coordinate gas stops and everything amongst ourselves. Make sure you get radios with channels and subchannels, as we will be using channel 5, subchannel 4 on this trip. Think of those Motorola Talkabout radios, and this is what I am referring to:
t5420.jpg

RALLY POINT OUTSIDE OF TOPEKA: Emporia - MP 132 (last one before Topeka)
The Emporia Service Area offers a Phillips 66 and McDonald's. It has a children's play area and adult exercise area outside to allow travelers a chance to stretch. This is the last point where we can stop before Topeka, so we will rally here and head into Topeka thereafter.

OTHER NOTES: With a convoy of this size (right now between 30-35, expecting possibly 50+) and this well advertised, we will have to keep things civil along the way. Keep this in mind while we are driving. Gas stops will be coordinated via radio, since the majority of us will need to stop at roughly the same intervals. Others may need to stop more frequently, so the thought is to let them stop and keep the convoy moving. They can try to catch up or meet at the rally point listed above. We can change this as necessary.

TRUCKS JOINING THE CONVOY ALONG THE WAY: Those of you that are going to meet up with the convoy along the way (OKC, Wichita, etc), please provide contact info so I can provide updates as to when we ill be passing you. Please be sure to be waiting on or near the highway...we are not going to stop, you're just going to have to be ready for us to come through, but I want to give you the best info I can to get you into the convoy. I can be reached at tliss@comcast.net. Please e-mail me with questions.

TIMING MILESTONES: Here is an estimate of when we will be coming through various milestones

9:30am - departure from Love's Truck Stop
9:50-10:00am - Red River (Texas/Oklahoma border) - ~32 miles
10:15-10:30am - Ardmore, OK - ~33 miles
11:30-11:45am - Norman, OK - ~82 miles
11:45-12:00pm - Oklahoma City, OK - ~20 miles
1:30-2:00pm - Kansas/Oklahoma border - ~114 miles
2:15-2:30pm - Wichita, KS - ~55 miles
3:15-3:30pm - Emporia, KS - ~90 miles
4:00-4:30pm - Topeka, KS (rally point) - ~58 miles

We are committed to arriving at the Holiday Inn around 5:30pm to be filmed by local media coming in. This schedule is an estimate and should leave us plenty of slack time to meet this commitment.

Tom

CONVOY FROM THE WEST VIA I-70

DENVER CO. - Leaving Thursday morning @ roughly 7:00 AM, anticipated arrival in Topeka at approx. 5:00 PM. Will check into the hotel and then head for the track.

As a reminder, anyone coming from points WEST is welcome to come to my place Wednesday night. You can either crash there (will require sleeping bags) or one of the local hotels.

Denver to Colby KS about 215 miles 3 hrs. 10:15-10:30

Colby to Hays about 110 miles 1.5 hrs. about 1:00 pm (lose 1 hr time change)

Hays to Salina about 100 miles 1.5 hrs. 2:30-3:00 pm

Salina to Topeka about 110 miles 1.5 hrs 4:30-5:00 pm

Thanks Randy My Cell# 406 544-6891 for updates.

earlier post
I WILL OPEN MY HOME ON WED 9/22, FOR SHOWERS AND OFFER EXTRA BEDS/FLOOR FOR WED NIGHT. IF WE GET UP EARLY THURS MORNING, IT IS 530 MILES TO TOPEKA (ABOUT 8 HRS W/STOP) FROM MY HOME IN AURORA CO. RANDY 406 544-6891 cell# www.fordbigtrucks.com (I am 5 miles south of I-70 exit 285 airport rd(SOUTH), (there is a FLYING J TRUCK STOP and MILE HIGH HARLEY DAVIDSON at this exit)

Last edited:
21 Sept, Depart Iron Mountain California Via HWY 62, At 07:00 AM Proceed East To HWY 95 North. Arrive Needles, Ca 8:30 AM. Join HWY 40. Travel To Albuquerque. Overnight In Albuquerque.

22 Sept, Depart Albuquerque NM. Via HWY 25 North At 07:00 AM Proceed North To Denver. Overnight In Denver.

23 Sept, Depart Denver CO. Via Hwy 70, At 07:00 AM Proceed East To Topeka.

So Far, Only 2 So Cal Lightnings, Both Are Mine, And A Purple PT Cruiser.

safe hotel in denver

The Comfort Inn : Take I-70 East to Exit 285 and then South 1 block. from $59.00 per night between 8-Sep-04 and 7-Nov-04
16921 E 32nd Ave Aurora, CO 80011 We will be getting on I-70 east, next to this hotel. (you are welcome to stay at my place, same exit. Randy 303 326-5792 cell# 406 544-6891)

Back