Lamborghini Vid

Super Cab L

I've Fallen&Can't Get Up
Got this E-mail from a buddy with a link to a neat Vid of a Lambo having some fun on track. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Roy

Hi guys,

Greetings from Kuwait....

Ahh memories

Two years ago at Pocono, I was riding around the track as a passenger in a full-race Pantera. The driver was threshold braking on the last
bit of straightaway along the outside wall entering the hard left named
Devil's Elbow, when Lamborghini Diablo passed us on the inside. With the rear
end breaking loose first and the front end following shortly, the car was
pitched sideways and after eventually regaining traction rocketed through
the Elbow.

We were stunned. For one we didn't expect the car to be there as it was a no
passing zone. Secondly, we were assuming at first we had narrowly avoided an
accident with an out of control, over exuberant, weekend warrior. Third, we were amazed at the skill level of the driver as it was apparent at the turn's
exit he was incredibly skilled or lucky with the end result.

After the session concluded, I learned the Lamborghini factory test driver in this
video was the driver of that car. Thus, I saw similar slides occur less
than 10 feet from a car that I was riding in (trapped in?).

http://makoto.dyndns.org/media/Lambo_Test_Driver.wmv

Amazing stuff.

Mike

P.S. Jeremy Clarkson, the garguantan host of this British TV show, is a complete idiot....

I have an article in one of my mags from a couple of years ago where this guy took the writer for the mag out for a little drive through the back roads in Italy and they were doing around 120MPH on a single lane road and about 200yds. in front of them a little ol man on his horse drawn cart pulls out in front of them and the writer thinks holy crap we're gonna buy the farm now, but this guy hits the brakes and starts down shifting faster than the writer can keep up with and they miss hitting the man and his cart buy a good distance. The Lambo driver says he has the best job in the world because he gets to test every car before it's delivered. I've seen a couple of other vids of him driving and he is a phenominal driver. I'm surprised he hasn't been offered millions to drive F1.

Roy

Back