L Fest #'s?

KCBOLT

405/489 @ 12.76 1/4
Big D what was the final count on the turn out at L Fest? Is there going to be an L Fest 2006? I hope so. Thanks

Nan is checking and will post the numbers.

We are mulling LF06 and will decide soon.

The final results are:

145 registered and paid

130 came to the event (5 of the missing were due to Katrina/Rita)

Wonderful, everyone!!! WE APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!!

So is LFEST06 going to happen, and is it going to be in INDY?!?

I want to go next year but dont want to cross the Mississippi.

No, NO, Let Me Say It Again NO!

The Logic Given For KC After L Fest '04 Was That "If It Is Closer To The East Coast, The Number Of Trucks Will Double". That Didn't Happen, And I Think It Proves The Contention That Those who Want To Come, Will Come.

I have Room To Talk Here. I traveled 2,031 Miles Each Way, And Spent A Ton Of money Along the Way, And I Am Not Complaining.

I Got An Idea, Lets Set It Out There Now, Why Don't We See How Many Pre Registrants Are Pre Paid By Say March 1. Based On Which Region Has The Most, They Can Have The Convenience Of Location, And The Pain Of Getting the Location, Dealing With the Headaches And Just Generally Getting Beat up.

The Moral Of The Story...

Dwight And Nan Have Gone To Great Lenghths To make This Happen All Three Years, And Tried To Make It Reasonable. But Once Again, We Get to Hear That If It Isn't East Of the Mississippi, It ain't Worth Going To!!

Flame Over, Sorry to Anyone Offended !!

Well excuse me! I guess I will just not be going next year. I cannot afford to make that trip out there and back. It was financially hard for me to go this year.

I am just going to have to stick to the East Coast events next year. It was nice meeting the members that I have met at the past 2 LFests I have attended. But you will not be seeing me @ any other LightningFest now, unless I hit the lottery.

Last edited:
Nan said:
Buy lots of tickets, Mike, and we'll keep our fingers crossed!!!

You Know How I Feel Nan, And I Would Come If It Was In Finland !!

Now, If The Kids Were To Say.... Get married (Wishful thinking) And I Paid For The BBQ, Could We Have It In California ?? lol

Just a thought

What if (and no I have not been able to attend one yet) you went slightly west of ole Miss one year and slightly east of the next. That way the guys who are going to go no matter where it is will still be able to find it somewhat affordable.The guys on either side can attend affordabley every second year.Say KCIR one year and Indy the next .Please no flames but some constructive criticism may make the clubs decision easier

4475lbs,

You get the Indy track rented for the same price, and date, then we will talk! Just let us know when the deal is ready to sign. Not a flame, just fact. We must commit to a track by the end of this month at the latest!

MJ351 said:
You Know How I Feel Nan, And I Would Come If It Was In Finland !!

Now, If The Kids Were To Say.... Get married (Wishful thinking) And I Paid For The BBQ, Could We Have It In California ?? lol

OK Mike, get Las Vegas for 06 and then somebody "east" of the Mississippi get Bowling Green for 07. That way everybody (yeah, right) would be reasonably happy.

I don't get the Mississippi thing. It's not even half way across the country from the east coast. Maybe it's just that us westerners are used to large land masses for states "west" of the Mississippi.

Scott (4183 & 4125 miles round trip on both trucks)

scriced said:

Scott (4183 & 4125 miles round trip on both trucks)

Yes, you folks read that right, over 4000 miles X2 - Scott and his wife drove 2 Ls from Washington State. If he can do that, then . . . well, you can figure it out.

The WashLO chapter had six trucks that attended this year, every one of us traveled more than 4,000 miles round trip, that's more than 24,000 miles combined.
Next year, if there is an LFest, we will probably have even more trucks attend.
K.C. was chosen as the location not just for track availability, but also because it is fairly close to the center of the U.S.. So whether you are coming from Maine, Florida, California, Washington, or any point in between it's fair.
The trick is to start planning and saving now, and not wait until September 1 2006.

Last edited:
WashTruBlu said:
The WashLO chapter had six trucks that attended this year, every one of us traveled more than 4,000 miles round trip, that's more than 24,000 miles combined.
K.C. was chosen as the location not just for track availability, but also because it is fairly close to the center of the U.S.. So whether you are coming from Maine, Florida, California, Washington, or any point in between it's fair.
The trick is to start planning and saving now, and not wait until September 1 2006.

AMEN !!

WashTruBlu said:

Yup! I voted center when the poll was up last year.

Back