KRP Track Presentation to Makakilo/Kapolei NHB - Wed, Sept 24th @7PM

Hello all,

If you support the KRP Project, then we're happy to invite you to the upcoming Makakilo/Kapolei/Honokai Hale Neighborhood Board to begin at 7PM on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 at the Kapolei Highschool Cafeteria. We'll be on-hand to present a shortened version of our previous HCDA Presentation to the neighboring community. We recommend arriving at around 8:30PM as we are last on the agenda to speak, and expect to close out the meeting.

REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2008
KAPOLEI HIGH SCHOOL CAFETORIUM
91-5007 KAPOLEI PARKWAY
7:00 P.M.

Here's the AGENDA for the meeting.

We are up to the next section of our checklist, which is to present to the local community our goals and plans to help get racing back on track on Oahu. It's your chance to show your support for this project, and we would sincerely appreciate your calm and respectful support this night. No sign-waving, just your unwavering and dignified support for our efforts. There will be a contingent of people on-hand to stop the project, similar to the last HCDA meeting, but we intend to keep on fighting to bring this project to fruition.

We welcome all of you to the meeting so that we can meet and greet, and answer any questions you have regarding the project. Bring your friends, your family, and your co-workers, so that you can see who is truly in support of this project.

Mahalo for your support!

Michael J. Kitchens
KRP Project Team

Im glad it's moving forward for a new track and it's about damn time!

Keep us informed because alot of us want a playground to play in.

-John

I really want to thank all of you that came out in support. The presentation really didn't go the way we planned, as we expected Tesha Malama to give a 10 minute presentation that would have given us time to have everything setup and ready to go. As it happened, her entire section was skipped, and we were just thrown in. Still I hope you were able to see what we are trying to do, and come away from with it with a better understanding of it all.

The meeting honestly went much better than we anticipated...it wasn't as brutal as I though it was going to be, and I believe that may have something to do with the fact that we had so many racers there in support. There was a very large, and comforting level of racers in attendance. I cannot thank you guys enough for being there for us.

We were given a small bombshell, but we seriously believe there's something going on there...some manipulation being laid, and some half-truths being shoved down people's throats. We've honestly tried working with everyone to make this thing become a reality, and we will continue to do so.

I don't think we had enough time to answer questions, and get to the heart of some of the things we're trying to do with the new facility, so if you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask, and I'll come back with as best an answer as I can give.

Mahalo to all of you from the bottom of my heart...

What sort of time frame optimistically are you thinking of?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Last edited:
It depends totally on when groundbreaking occur. We believe we can complete Phase 1 within a year of groundbreaking. Currently, we're waiting on the stockpiling and grading permits. If all were to go through as fast as possible, we believe we could have dirt track racing up by Feb 09...with asphalt venues following shortly after.

Please visit Kalaeloa Raceway Park for more info as we update!

Back