KRP HCDA Presentation set for September 3rd, 2008!

Hello all,

I'd like to say thank you to all of you that are continuing to support Kalaeloa Raceway Park effort. It's been awhile since we've had some fresh info. I am posting this small update to let you know that we continue to work very, very hard on the task before us and that this project is very much alive. We had hoped to be on the August agenda for the Hawaii Community Development Authority (HCDA) but we needed a bit more time to do some very important run throughs and critiques as we wanted to make it the best it can possibly be.

In addition, the timing has to be right. We've worked long and hard on this, and we need to allow you, the supporter, sufficient time to know and prepare to join us when we make our presentation before the HCDA. I'm very happy to announce that day is set for September 3rd, 2008 at 9AM at the newly constructed Department of Hawaiian Homelands (DHHL) Conference Room in Kapolei. Here's the full information:

When:

Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008
9:00AM to 2:00PM

Where:

Dept. of Hawaiian Home Lands
Conference Room
91-5420 Kapolei Parkway
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707

In addition, you can check the following HCDA website for the upcoming meeting agendas and past minutes: HCDA 2008 Agendas

We have worked diligently for the past few weeks polishing our presentation in anticipation for standing before the HCDA and getting this show on the road. I ask that if you are supportive of the construction of a new home for motorsports, then to please join us on this very important date. We're not asking for banners or sign waving, just a respectful display of support for this project. I cannot stress enough how important this first meeting is to the future of this effort. If you support building a racetrack, then please tell your friends, family, and co-workers about this date, and urge them to attend in support. There are people who are committed to preventing this project from moving forward, and you can fully expect them to be in attendance. We hope that if you support it, you will be there as well.

In regards to the planning and construction of this facility, I ask that all of you come here to get the facts first. Again, if you have questions, feel free to post them on our discussion forums where one of our team members, or the Developer, Mr. George Grace Jr., can answer you directly.

We're always willing to listen, and answer. Mahalo for your support, and thank you for still believing in a new home for our displaced motorsports community. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Michael J. Kitchens
The KRP Project Team

This is a reminder for those of you that believe in getting racing back on track, to please attend the upcoming presentation in support of the Kalaeloa Raceway Project. Please, no shirts, no signs, no waving...just solemn, steadfast support. Thanks.

I have placed the finishing touches on the Powerpoint presentation and am sharing a small teaser with all of you which is the first slide of the presentation.

slidecoversmall.jpg

DIRECTIONS TO MEETING

The September meeting will held at the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Conference Center, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707. The conference center is adjacent to the main building. Directions and a map may be found at www.dhhl.hawaii.gov – Directions to Hale Kalaniana‘ole.
From H-1 Freeway East
1. Take the Makakilo/Kapolei Exit (Exit 2).
2. Turn left at the traffic signal (Makakilo Drive).
3. At the next traffic signal (Chili’s is on your right), proceed straight on Fort Barrette Road.
4. Take the second left (at Kapolei High School) onto Kapolei Parkway.
5. Proceed 1.1 miles on Kapolei Parkway until you reach DHHL’s office building (Hale Kalaniana‘ole) on your left.
From H-1 Freeway West
1. Take the Makakilo/Kapolei Exit (Exit 2).
2. Turn left at the traffic signal onto Kamokila Boulevard.
3. Turn right onto Fort Barrette Road (McDonald’s and Chili’s are on your left).
4. Take the second left (at Kapolei High School) onto Kapolei Parkway.
5. Proceed 1.1 miles on Kapolei Parkway until you reach DHHL’s office building (Hale Kalaniana‘ole) on your left.
PARKING FOR MEETING ATTENDEES

Free parking is available in the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands parking lot. Parking lot opens at 7:00 a.m. Street parking is not available.

Bump! Reminder!

I just finished getting back from the NEX...I copied about 300+ letters and about 2,000+ petition signatures to present to the HCDA when we make the speech.

I hope to see some of you there...thanks!

Back