KILLED A 98 GT

J

JFX001

I know that this isn't an L kill, but until I get one, it'll have to do.
I was coming home from work last night and some kid in a 98 GT was weaving in and out of traffic to match me at a light. I was driving my Saleen (#87-192), which I only take out once a month or so. Anyway, we matched a light, and he kept jumping forward a little and it started to piss me off. I don't race, and I don't beat on my car, but you should show some respect for a fellow Mustang. The light turned green, and I nailed it.... hard. I hooked up better than I thought I would and just took off. I was roughly half a car length ahead of him at 80, and I kept on until 100, at that is the first time that I have broken 100 in the two years that I have owned the car.
As I said, I am not a racer by any means, but it felt good to smack a punk-ass kid with a gold card and no future.

Thanks Guys, I enjoy reading all of your threads.
JF.

Good way to put him in his place. I love Saleens, and have been lusting for a fox-body Saleen for years (about as long as I've been lusting for an L before I bought one), but I never see them for sale :/

You're right Brian, I don't think I've ever seen a used (previously owned?) Saleen. I guess once you buy one it's yours for the duration. Certainly sez something about that car.

------------------
Stevie-Ray
NLOC #606
Double Aught Red L Gofastruck, #3460 DOB 5-31
ARE LSII
BedRug
Homedics BackExpert 2000
Custom mats
SVT Front End Cover
Clear tails
Keypad Entry
JL Stage II Ram Air
2001 Ranger 4X4 Daily Driver
9993917.jpg

Brian,
Thanks. As a pre-L owner I didn't think that I would get much love here. The Saleen is a great touring car. It is 1 of 3 made that year with the same color/options.Mine has the constant rate springs, so it rides worse than a Conestoga, and the wife absolutely refuses to ride in it.Nevermind the straight pipes and Flowmasters. We test drove a M3 roadster last week, and she loved that one. Go figure.
I would like to find the right L to park next to the Saleen, and I'm still looking.

In the meantime, I'm going to have fun reading everyone's posts. Thanks again,

JF.

Whats up guys I have been a saleen fan for years I would love to get my hands on a 95 S351 r-code. If anybody is looking for a saleen to buy check out www.performanceautosport.com

I am planning on getting a saleen as soon as I pay off my bike. What kind of saleen do you have

------------------
93L#5173
underdrives
14 degree timing
3chamber flows

Back