KB 2.6L in Hilo...

I finally got my KB 2.6L kit. I just put it on this weekend. Here are some pics of the kit and blower itself
4cv3nex.jpg

2aaiwia.jpg

4bedc04.jpg

42xqtdl.jpg

42u79jr.jpg

2rdwahl.jpg

Here is a side by side with the eaton
2v0h5si.jpg

42l9gep.jpg

And this is it installed minus the belt. They sent one in the kit but it was way to short. I'm running a 4# lower and 3.75" upper. I ended up buying a 73.75" belt to get it to work.
313m0yr.jpg

I didnt get a chance to get on it yet as there are some kinks I need to work out. Also I didnt get my new tune. Hopefully I will have some #'s with my new setup.

There are still some things that need to be done before I hit the dyno. I got some issues with the throttle cable which I'm not sure whats causing it. There is some slack in the cable which could be it or the fact that the throttle body was relocated and the cable route is really tight and it could be binding. I didnt have time to really mess with it so I guess it will have to wait. I did take it out and drive it around the block. I only got it up to about 4lbs and it set me back in my seat pretty good. The boost comes on with just a slight stab of the throttle. I would have pushed it more but the throttle wasnt cooperating. Hope its not that major of a problem. I'll keep you posted as soon as I get the chance to mess with it more.

You want to have a 90 degree elbow coming off the boost bypass actuator,
that points towards the drivers side (7-8 o'clock, not at 4-5 in your picture).
The vacuum hose can crimp closed if the tube turns back to the driver side to sharply.
DO NOT RUN IT untill you make sure the vacuum line can not crimp closed.
With out vacuum the bypass valve stays closed all the time (in boost) and can over heat the s/c.

NoSurprise :cool:

Looks very nice----if you get a chance to dyno to make sure your a/f is on the money, you might want to consider running at the track on Oct 7 & 8---Hilo's last race for the year---you don't have to enter to race, you can just do test & tune runs. I'll be there.

derekrpd said:
Other than the throttle cable issue, how was the install?
I would say its a moderate install. Took my about a day to get it done. For me it wasnt a simple remove and replace deal. You have to cut the rubber elbow to get it to fit. Also have to cut down one of the blower bolts to get it in and extenting the TPS harness. Its a real tight fit in the back. There is no clearance between the firewall and the plenum.

Thanks for all the complements.

04black said:
Looks very nice----if you get a chance to dyno to make sure your a/f is on the money, you might want to consider running at the track on Oct 7 & 8---Hilo's last race for the year---you don't have to enter to race, you can just do test & tune runs. I'll be there.
I dont think I'll be able to get it to a dyno and tuned before then. Maybe I'll make it to the track to watch. I still need to install a whole buttload of parts before I'm ready to race.

Well I got some extra instructions from KB that should fix my throttle sticking problem. It seams that the throttle linkage is hitting the hood. So I need to massage the hood a little to get it to work. I'll keep you all posted when I get to the dyno. RWTD tuning forum is down right now so I'll be waiting for my tune for a while more. I still need to install my injectors and order my pumps. I'm thinking of getting the metco lowers or the caltracs what do you guys think?

Back