Just rec'd my Legacy license plate

Nazgul

Black Rider
I told you last December or earlier that CA was offering yellow 1950's, black 1960's and blue 1970's 'Legacy' plates for preorder. Any one that topped a certain amount of preorders would be fulfilled; less than minimum would be cancelled.
Well, I preordered a black plate in December, and it turns out black was the only one that rec'd more than the minimum number of orders.
I decided a black plate would look better on my black L than the white standard plate. :tu (You can put them on any year vehicle, not just '60's vintage.)
The only catch was you could not get a personalized black Legacy plate unless it was replacing a personalized plate. Luckily, mine was personalized just right.
Here is the original plate that has been on the L for 15 years:
IMG_08331.jpg

Here is the new replacement:
IMG_08352.jpg

Supposedly they have been delivering these new plates since May. I haven't seen any on the street yet. Saw several black plates at the recent GG show, but couldn't tell at the time if they were these new ones or originals. The new ones are reflectorized. I'll try to take a night shot to show that.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys.

Here is a pic after dark with a flashlight aimed at the plate; it looks kind of brown in the light:
IMG_08363.jpg

A view from farther back, without a flash or light, shows how the plate fades away into the black of the truck, but the letters stand out actually more than before:
IMG_08402.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, always liked the black Cali plates. We see them once in awhile up here. Looks killer on your truck Paul, but agree with Quick, the dealer frame has to go.

Yes, always liked the black Cali plates. We see them once in awhile up here. Looks killer on your truck Paul, but agree with Quick, the dealer frame has to go.

That "dealer" plate frame is part of the "Nazgul" aura!

Back