Just got my first lightning......

R

Red2000NKC

Hey guys i just want to say hello. Monday i bought my first lightning ever. It is a Bright Red 2000. I live in the NKC area. Anyone else from kansas city on here???

Thanks
Jason

Welcome Jason,
There are several of us here from the Kansas City area, I am in Raymore.

Shawn
NLOC #387
White 94 #2703

hello red i am here from blue springs. did you get you 00 at bill woods? good to see you step up to say hello. the truck will give you much pleasure. watch out the speed and looks are killer.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Welcome aboard NKC ! There's always room for more in here. Wish you had your truck a couple weeks earlier then you could have met us all at KCIR. Enjoy it and don't worry the grin will subside a little off your face but not much
smile.gif
oh and the red you call bright sure is and I call it "arrest me red" nowdays cause cops sure pick out that color easy!

------------------
99 Lightning-no mods yet but PSP products in the future
97 Probe GT- stock

Thanks guys for the quick respones.

So are there any times that you guys get together on like a sat. night or something?????

five0drw: Yes i did get it at Bill Woods Ford. I got the one that was parked out on the grass. I noticed that they had a used red 2000 with a billet grill and a bed cover but i wanted to be the first owner of my truck. Plus the price was only 1,000 difference between the new one and the used one.

Well, the next time we are all planning on getting together again is Sept. 3 at KCIR for the All Truck Race. Sometimes a few of us get together at Hooters of 40 Highway on the Saturday night cruises. But nothing is planned there yet. Hope you can join us on the 3rd, it should be a great time. You will learn a lot about lightnings and get to see what does and doesn't work. And also the different ways to use ice, Roger can explain more
wink.gif

Shawn
NLOC #387
White 94 #2703

Red2000NKC/Jason: Welcome aboard. Kiss all your spare $$ goodbye -- it's next to impossible to leave these things alone. The grin gets bigger with each F-body you spank. You won't get em all, but you'll get enough that if you pull up next to one and he won't look over, he's already raced one <g>.

RhinoRacn: "And also the different ways to use ice, Roger can explain more"...Shawn, you act like I buy the stuff in 50lb bags or something...Oh. Wait. I did...<grin> Yeah, it was a pain, but it kept me in the 13.xx range in the middle of all that oppressive heat.

Is anyone planning on doing some test/tune a week or so before the Truck race on 03-Sep? Maybe the 26-27 of August? I'll be out of town for 3 weeks before that so I won't be able to make it before then...

Vern: Sorry, the Motorhome HQ for September is now out of the equation...rats!

Roger
NLOC: 307
99 Black
13.56@104.90

[This message has been edited by roger (edited 07-26-2000).]

HEY JASON, I LIVE NEAR THE CITY MARKET DOWNTOWN. YOU LIVE NORTH KANSAS CITY, MAYBE WE CAN MEET UP. WHERE DIDYOU BUY YOUR LIGHTNING? HOPE TO HERE FROM YOU

CARL
00 L SILVER
NO MODS YET

I am in Lee's Summit about five minutes from KCIR. I used to work at the track and I am an SFI certified NHRA tech inspector. I decided to RACE instead of WORK at the track. I have my black '94L and a red 71 Maverick. I am usually at the track on Wednesday nights in my Lightning. I know some Honda guys that like pouring the nitrous to their Civics and I am waiting on one of them to pop a rice motor. That's entertainment!

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black 94L #620
71 Maverick 302

Back