Juried Car Show 2/20 at Fort Mason

Litncru

Lightning Crew
There will be an Indoor Car Show (Wekfest) at Fort Mason on Sunday February 20th. This will be the 3nd Annual Wekfest Car Show. Previous years the Show was held in the San Francisco’s Japantown Garage and was primarily Asian Import Vehicles. Last year the Show had 400 vehicles registered and had over 10,000 people attend the event. They have vehicles come from Southern California and as far away as Washington State. This year the organizers want to open the selection of vehicles to include Domestic, European Imports, Exotics and Race Designed vehicles and this will require a larger capacity location.

They are going to allow Vehicle Clubs to enter this event as a Club, but the Show Promoters will have the discretion which vehicles will be allowed into the Show. The Club Vehicles will be “Staged” together and we are also negotiation with the Show Promoters for the staging of vehicles to be located near the VEPA-Drive Culture booth.
If a representative from the Club would like to organize the “Group” please let me know. I would suggest a selection of at least 4 vehicles for the Group, just because time and commitment to the Show. The Club Group will have the ability to register prior to the release to the General Public at 12:00 (noon) December 25th.
If you think your vehicle can meet the scrutiny of the Show Committee, please enter. Review the registration form at wekfest.com .

I haven't heard of this show before. Dec. 25th is just a few days away, so if anyone is interested, you'd better think about it quickly.

Post up if you'd like to enter as part of the group. George? Don? Alex? Calightning?

Registration Closed

The Show Promoters had an overwhelming response. They were going to open the registration for 4 weeks after Christmas, they had over 1200 applications within 10 days. So they closed the acceptances of registrations because they were only accepting 400. Looks like next year they might have a larger Venue to support this Event.

Back