June 2011 TOTM - Congratulations to Bob "Lightningbob02" Pepple ! (NLOC #2273)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

June 2011 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Bob (Lightningbob02) Pepple ! (NLOC #2273)

The Borough of Waynesboro in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania AKA the Keystone State provides this month’s Truck of the Month. Bob had the opportunity to see his truck in action before he bought it ! There have been lots of changes to this one getting the truck into the elevens on a stock block. Bob has a personal goal with his truck and is only a quarter second away. A beautifully turned out Lightning this one would appear almost stock. Perhaps it could be described by many as a “sleeper”. Bob can surprise many a competitor on the street or the strip with an eleven second time slip ! Lots to be said about a stock appearing truck. I think maybe the loser’s voice can be faintly heard in the distance…..”I just got beat by a farm truck, a stock one at that !” Bob maintains a mostly stock appearing truck but very much improved where it counts !

Read on to learn more about Bob and his Lightning then join in the congratulations to Bob Pepple !

5767694446_c485d5d0d4_b.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

I saw a guy test driving my Lightning before I bought it. I pulled up next to him at a stop light and noticed it had dealer tags on it. I asked him a few questions about it at the red light and when the light changed to green he pulled away with tires a smoking !

5767694316_8b6319a666_b.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

My last year of High School when I was 17 years old I had a 1970 Cobra Torino with the factory 429 Cobra Jet and 4 speed transmission. My Mom and Dad feared for my life every time I got behind the wheel of that car.

5767694104_6d0d242540_b.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

The mods that I added to my Lightning are-2.3 Kenne Bell with JLP Sheetmetal Plenum, JLP Street Intercooler Reserve, Killer Chiller, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, FAST Dual Sensor Wideband, Dynatech Longtubes, Magnaflow Cat-back, 6lb./9.00" lower, Autometer Dual Pillar Pod with my custom grab handle design added, JLP Long Bars, MAFia, AEM 98mm MAF/Cold Air Tube, 60lb injectors, twin 255 lph Walbro Pumps, JDM Drag Coil Springs and 4 QA-1 twelve way shocks.

5767694162_4680d0a327_b.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

We had my Lightning at the dragstrip shortly after I bought it. Upon leaving the dragstrip to drive home I heard a clicking sound. Instead of checking to see what was clicking I was horsing around and launching it from about a 20 mph roll. After about the fourth time I found out where the clicking was coming from when it tossed the driveshaft ruining my cat-back and fuel tank. That trip home cost me about $2000 dollars and my Wife informed me my racing days were over, NOT, LOL.

5767694598_7ba6b10ae6_b.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Besides my Lightning, I have two Harley-Davidson motorcycles, a 2008 Denim Black Night Rod Special and a custom 1994 Heritage Softail Classic which has 27 coats of pearl flamed paint and as many mods as my Lightning. I have a Wife of 33 years of marriage named Pam and a Son that is 30 years old named Aaron. I have three grandchildren Libby, she is 10 years old, Sam, he is 6 years old and Quentin, he is 8 months.

5767694544_ccea798697_b.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I joined NLOC 1/3/2007 because it was a wealth of information for my Lightning.

5767694492_1478a4f2e7_b.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

N/A Everything is fine as is.

5767151855_dc89f90c86_b.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

My Wife and Son bought my first Membership for NLOC and they picked my user name.

5767694218_0cec4d1c37_b.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

No changes in the future except lowering my Lightning. Personal goal for me- 11.50 Stock Long Block, Full Weight. Best Time to date 11.75 at 115.17mph with a best 1.644 60ft.

5767694646_f40b98b704_b.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

I would like to thank Fade-2-Black for the great deal on my 2.3 Kenne Bell and Johnny/JLP for Dyno Tuning my Lightning. I would also like to thank my Ole Buddy James for being my friend I can count on.

5767151973_05aca792c4_b.jpg

Congratulations to Bob and his 2002 Silver Ford Lightning for Truck of the Month, June 2011 !

What a sleeper! Love the pic of it pulling the left front wheel. Beautiful and fast-a great combo. Congrats on TOTM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back