June 2007 Gen 1 TOTM - Congratulations to Kerry "plum360415" Spencer! (NLOC #1856)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking it over and wondering about the 5 speed this guys says Go ahead sit in it , I had to row throw the gears a couple of times to feel how smooth the shifter worked /////short short throws for such a long shifter handle. NICE is all I can say congrats on a JOB well done!!!!:)

Thie shifter part is what I spent alot of time with, I didn't want it to be like shifting a old grain truck, I wanted it to be like drivin a muscle car, and thats what I think its like driving, a old school muscle car......grab 3rd and 4th....chirp....there it is!!!!!!!!!
Kerry

Last edited:
Man I can only imagine what a ride in that Duster must feel like!!
EE
Its like being shot out of a cannon, I took my buddy shane (he is the late night help in the shop, pulling the 5-sp in and out fitting it) for a hell ride on the street, The Duster hooked, after peddling it about 3 times, Shane bent over and closed his eyes, grabbed his belly, and after it was over..... Looked at me and said....That is like a effing roller coaster, but we didn't go upside down.......Can you do that again....... So I think he got the feel for it.... in your face HP. Ed you should have asked for a ride at WFC, you would have got one. So at L-fest.....you and Willy will get one.
Kerry

Last edited:
Keep up the good work Kerry!!! ...and hone them shifting skills Buddy, me and the Cleveland 5 speed are comin' for ya in '08!!! :devious:

Mike :)

Congrats Kerry!! Hope you can make it to an Illness event at Byron this year.

Chris

Chris,
Might be going to the july meet, I'm planning on the cam swap late this month......It sure would be a good time for test and tune...... If things work out, and I can get my dad to trailer my L up, and watch my kido while I run, and have the cam swap done. Then I may be there....It all depends about the trailer ride.....my dad hauls new camper trailers all over the US with his duelly....so If he is around it sould be a done deal.....we will have to wait til closer to the date....
Kerry

Chris,
Might be going to the july meet, I'm planning on the cam swap late this month......It sure would be a good time for test and tune...... If things work out, and I can get my dad to trailer my L up, and watch my kido while I run, and have the cam swap done. Then I may be there....It all depends about the trailer ride.....my dad hauls new camper trailers all over the US with his duelly....so If he is around it sould be a done deal.....we will have to wait til closer to the date....
Kerry
Hope it works out for you and hope to see you there.

Noticed I didn't post here Kerry. A GREAT BIG CONGRATS on Gen 1 TOTM !!! You know I love that shifter comin' out of the floor !!!! I was showin' your truck off to anybody who would look at it at WFC X. See ya in September and I'm a wantin' to see if the drivetrain will stand up to a pair of slicks out back......I've started the process for the "winter upgrade" for the SuperCab, those shifters are infectious......

Scott

Noticed I didn't post here Kerry. A GREAT BIG CONGRATS on Gen 1 TOTM !!! You know I love that shifter comin' out of the floor !!!! I was showin' your truck off to anybody who would look at it at WFC X. See ya in September and I'm a wantin' to see if the drivetrain will stand up to a pair of slicks out back......I've started the process for the "winter upgrade" for the SuperCab, those shifters are infectious......

Scott

Hey Scott,
Thanks for promoting my L at WFCX!!! :3g::3g: Still wish I would have been there when the Tremic rep. came over to check it out. You will be VERY HAPPY with your winter upgrade!!!! As for L-fest.....YOU will get a ride. I have a truck that im going to tow the L, to Lfest. No the L is NOT a trailer queen, but its going to be ran VERY hard, and if I find a weak link, I dont what to worry about finding a way home.:?(1000 miles round trip) I'm going to try to get a no power adder Gen 1 into the 13's.:? I plan on making many hard 1/4 mile runs. And taking some of you gen1,or Gen2 guys for a ride in a 5-sp L.:devious: If any one who goes to L-fest whats a ride....just ask, as long as I'm not lit,:nb: :nono::laughing6::bout::dw:you will probley get one. I do have a few people that I have promised rides(you know who you are) Last of all..... This is the last day of my TOTM honer.....I would like to thank every one that has replied, veiwed, and liked my swap. :) Also thank-you to the members that put the TOTM on every month, I'm sure its alot of work to do this, I'm VERY honered and Thankful I was choosen. Again THANKS!!!!!
Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back