July 2011 TOTM - Congratulations to Jeremy "Midnight Blue" Reimer ! (NLOC #2478)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

July 2011 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Jeremy (Midnight Blue) Reimer ! (NLOC #2478)

Nestled in the village of Algonquin, known as “The Gem of the Fox River Valley” in the Land of Lincoln State of Illinois comes this month’s Truck of the Month. As is quite often the case Jeremy was around another Lightning which promptly caused him to “want” one for himself. Jeremy relates an interesting story about the actual purchase of his truck ! Seems he “bought it” before he actually wanted to ! Jeremy owns what some would consider the rarest of all 2nd generation Lightnings, at least from the color standpoint. A 2002 True Blue Lightning, a one year only color, of which just 1130 were produced. As is nearly always the case Jeremy has already made a number of changes to his truck and does have plans for more changes to his Lightning.

Read on to learn more about Jeremy and his Lightning then join in the congratulations to Jeremy Reimer !

5884314880_b04068f37d_b.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

Think it was the summer of '07. Jeff Yeager had his truck at our shop for some work to get ready for L-Fest. At the time I had never heard of, or seen a Lightning, but when the work was done on Yeager's truck and he fired up it, I was all smiles and knew I wanted one. The next day I spent a few hours poking around NLOC and found some Videos by slck, after watching them I went home, searched the internet for local Lightnings. Found the color I wanted and it was within my price range. Bought it the next morning !

5883718603_b4604d8c91_o.jpg

5883718471_3dcecbdb0b_o.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

Before the Lightning, I owned a '70 Ford F-100 4x4. Bought it in 2000. Dumped almost every paycheck into it over 3 years completely rebuilding everything mechanical. Engine, trans, front & rear diffs, drive shafts, brakes, lines, wheels, tires, you name it, it was new or rebuilt. Added up all the receipts and I was over 15k, and the truck still needed to be stripped and repainted. After the quote I got from the body shop, I never put a dime in it again. Knew I would never get my money back out of it. Sold it a few years ago for a whole 1500 bucks.

5884283938_5649f88d55_o.jpg

5884283900_b810188ca0_o.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

My mods are JLP traction bars, JLP drive shaft safety loop, JLP CAI, JLP Predator w/Mafia, #6 lower, Stage 5 ported Eaton, Built trans w/2400 stall, Bassani catback w/ gutted cats, Hurst line lock, and E-fans. For the interior, fuel, boost, A/F, trans and battery gauges. Put in an Expedition center console. (my most favorite mod)

5884283676_37f5ca2248_o.jpg

5884283704_3fbebe4ffb_o.jpg

5883718367_b3cab35658_o.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

The day I bought it. Went to the dealer, to look at the truck, hadn't been there more then 2 minutes when a sales person walked up to me. Told him I was interested in the Lightning and wanted to take it to my shop to look it over to see if it was worth the price. Guy told me sure, come inside need you to sign an insurance thing in case you get into an accident. Did that, next he is handing me all the paper work and asking me to sign everything. I tell the guy hey I haven't even had a chance to look it over. He tells me, well this way when your done looking it over, you don't have to come back here. Should of said no, but I couldn't. LOL still had to go back to pick up my other truck that I drove there.

5884283646_648ece2fba_o.jpg

5884283994_faa3c223f0_o.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

My name is Jeremy Reimer, I'm 34 years old. Been married almost 2 years, 1 year old girl. (June 23) When I have free time I play computer games. Just got a new job working nights at OTTO Engineering in Carpenterville, and I hate all sports, unless it has an engine it!

5884314924_c29eb98d55_o.jpg

5883749339_a4631b0755_o.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I had been surfing NLOC for about 2 months before I decided to buy a Lightning. I registered the night I bought the Lightning 11/07. Yeager told me it was the place to find any and all info on modding the truck and meeting fellow Lightning owners.

5893031889_c496eb2410_o.jpg

5884283728_9f0b34fb40_o.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

I wouldn't change anything. It’s easy to use and navigate the way it is.

5883718737_6af6503ecb_o.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

Couldn't think of a good user name. At the time, I thought my L was midnight blue, and I'm more of a night person. It wasn't until my first post here, that I found out it was True Blue.

5883718717_a605fdd0bc_o.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

With the baby here, modding the truck anymore is on hold until it’s paid off. But would Love to get rid of the grills that came with the truck and put the stock ones back on. But they are to much money at the dealer, so I might take out what’s in there now and just paint them black.

5883718163_a37f319c35_o.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

I would like to thank JLP for his great parts and customer service. Also Yeager and wickedSVT for their used parts off their trucks. And most of all my Mother for letting me store the truck in her garage, so it can stay out of the rain and snow.

5884283510_b6eed57ae9_o.jpg

Congratulations to Jeremy and his 2002 True Blue Ford Lightning for Truck of the Month, July 2011 !

when you mentioned Jeff and the shop you used to work at that's what I thought... I used to sell you guy's your tires...

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back