July 2009 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month–Congrats Matt "blownnjucied94" Kasprzak(NLOC#1984)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e9tac

July 2009 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Matthew "blownnjucied94" Kasprzak (NLOC# 1984).

This month's Gen 1 TOTM hails from the plains of Nebraska. Matt's truck is a fine example of what a simple, but nicely done truck should look like. Matt's truck is not only a DD, but you can find it at the track or pulling/towing something around town. Thanks for being a part of the Lightning community and congrats on being July's Truck of The Month!

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

I knew about them since I was a LITTLE kid. I have this buddy that knew I was a Ford guy and a truck guy. He bought a 1990 454SS and worked at an auto auction. He had a beat up ’93 on the lot, he took me down there and I drove it around the lot for about 5 minutes and knew I had to have one. This was in mid December of 2004, and I drove MINE home on January 1st, 2005!

IMG_0006_2_.JPG

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

Before I even had my first vehicle, I was a fan of the big three, didn’t matter. All I wanted was a full size something. We found a 1981 Bronco w/o a motor for $500, and a beat down, smoking, no power 302 still in a 1976 Bronco carcass for $200. From that point on I bled Ford Blue!

I still like the big three but my heart is with the blue oval.

That truck burned more oil than fuel :blink:, and would not idle if the temperature was below 35*. Not to mention, it was rusted on every body panel, but it never left me stranded!

IMG_00642.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

Modification… my first thing made me feel like a ricer… clear corners. My excuse is, it had a blower and nitrous when I bought it. I drove the truck for 10 months, then got bitten hard by the mod bug from NLOC and it started…

What started as an engine "in" cam swap turned into an engine "out" cam swap...I found out the hard way if a cam is not in the block the lifter DOES fall all the way down into the oil pan, 2 seconds of IDIOT right there!

First round -winter 2005-06: Consisted of full roller conversion with the 5.0 cam, and Omega 1.7 rocker (both of which were bought from fellow members), TwEECer (thanks Ed!), 30lb injectors, different pulleys for the dyne. And the re-gasket-ing of everything. Then a busted water pump forced E-Fans.

Round two: 8-rib set-up and valve springs (should have listened!) and hours of bugging SStock for tune pointers.

Round three: New rear end, valve body, home-built air intake, Giddyup for timing pointers, 2500 Hughes stall, and JLP bars.

IMG_00653.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

Not really anything overly interesting, most people on here have the same experiences, either people do not know anything about them, or they make fun of you for trying to pass an old farm truck off as a Lightning. Although there are a few out there that have heard of them and THINK they know a lot about them, or are part of the NLOC.

Probably one that I find amusing was a guy that came up to me and "knew" the guy that built my truck. Then was surprised when I corrected him about the facts of the truck and popped the hood. He then asked if I had gotten the same stickers made because I saw the other one and wanted to "copy" him :bash:

IMG_00012.JPG

IMG_00032.JPG

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Well, I can finally see the light at the end of my current tunnel! I just got my Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering, I have a year of Grad school left and I’ll be an AE! Currently I’m paying the bills by being a finish carpenter.

I got married on June 27th, and I’m thinkin’ she’s a keeper because she told me I CANNOT sell the Lightning ever. She had a blast at the last LightningFest.

My other hobby is kind of a “Grandpa” hobby, model railroading. My grandpa got me started when I was 4 years old and I’ve never let it die. We currently have an outdoor yard about 25’ by 100’ devoted to the 1:32” ones, and a room devoted to the 1:160” ones.

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_00332.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_00972.JPG

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

Started nosing around on here when the buddy with the 454SS found it for me couple days after test driving the ’93, so December of 2004, and became a registered member the day I won the auction for my truck because I finally HAD one! After feeling guilty about taking advantage of the knowledge and people of the site, I decided to become a paying member and help support the Club.

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

I think the latest edition of the site is fine! Just find a way to get people to use the search….

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_00711.JPG

IMG_00722.JPG

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

The truck has a supercharger, Blown, and/n, it has nitrous/juiced, (however with the excitement of registering I slipped and typed jucied and didn’t realize it for a couple of days…), and it’s a 94... blownnjucied94.

IMG_0989.JPG

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

DRAG RADIALS!

As soon as I get done with school and find a job; BODY WORK will be next up on the list because I really need/want to get the cancer stopped on the bed...at the very least get the air dam painted. When the truck gets pulled from summer duty to just weekend duty, a full repaint will be in order.

I’m constantly looking for heads, then probably step-up to a bigger blower, and then call it. I’d love to have an 11.99 slip with this one, and then keep if for my street truck.

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_00573.JPG

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together??

Got to give a lot of thanks to Nick (blown454ss), my buddy with the 454ss, he’s the one that got me in the seat of one and sealed the deal, and he’s always there to help with the physical side of mod’ing the truck.

And of course to Emily, my loving wife for dealing with my obsession.

And to all my friends I’ve made on the boards, I’ve mentioned a few names already and will probably leave off a bunch but, Mike (heavy metal), Ed (struckby), Bobby (blueovalforever), Keith (copperhead), Rob (giddyup), Steve(superglide), plus everyone else that’s helped/dealt with my questions. I just hope that I can help and give guidance to others on here, as so many have done for me.

IMG_00611.JPG

Congratulations to Matt and his 1994 Red Gen 1 Truck of the Month, July 2009!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back