Join the MS/LA/TX/OK/MO/AR convoy up I35!

tliss said:
Anywhere along I35. I guess pick a spot and be waiting on or near the highway. I'll be calling you as we approach.

Make sense?

Tom

Ya, I guess we will be chillin on the highway waiting.

Exit in Topeka!

Hello to all,;w

I called Tom tonight to discuss the Topeka exit to the Holiday Inn...and thought I would pass the information on!;i

When you reach the South Topeka exit off the turnpike, go West on 470. DO NOT take the "Fairlawn/29th st" exit, instead continue on to the I 70 junction. Go East on I 70 to the second exit #357 (Fairlawn) and get off. At the stop sign , turn right, go through the stop light (when it is green:D), and turn right into the Holiday Inn parking lot. Check in and come to room 277 to check in with Nan or Jenne...yes she is Finnish!

...Dwight...

It looks like we've been losing a few folks that were planning to head up with us due to other obligations or surprise happenings in their lives. I still hope to have a huge convoy, but at this point I'll take what I can get.

Remember:

For those joing the convoy in Denton, TX, be at the Love's truck stop no later than 9:20am...we are leaving at 9:30am on the dot. There's no time to wait around any later than that.

For those joining the convoy along the way, I will be contacting you as we approach the area when you are expecting to join us. Be waiting on or near the highway, as we are going to roll on through...there won't be any time for stopping at each milestone.

We do have the rally point outside of Emporia. That will be that last stop before heading into Topeka where we will be able to bring the convoy back together. I am guessing we will be leaving this point about 4:30 or so.

Last, the schedule I have posted in the first post is an estimate. Chances are the times posted will be off. My main goal is to get the convoy into Topeka and the hotel near 5:30pm. If we can do that, I'll feel like we made our goal. If we can't, life goes on.

If you have any questions or need to get a hold of me, please shoot me an e-mail at tliss@comcast.net or give me a buzz on Thursday at 972-977-9248.

I hope to see you all tomorrow!

Tom

While I think about it, the turnpike in Kansas is a toll road, so bring some loose cash for that. It was around $8 or so last year, and we had to pay right outside of Topeka.

FYI

Tom

Tom

Well i really wanted to be in to convoy but due to problems with my truck i am not able to leave as i wanted it looks as if i wont be able to roll out till Thursday afternoon sometime so have a safe trip and a good convoy and i will see you in Topeka on Friday as it seems i wont get there till late Thursday night or early Friday morning

Bobby

Tom did a great job on organizing this

We had a great trip and everyone arrived on time and in one piece.. Except the one group we lost to a trailer tire ...

Thanks TOM !!

Phillip,

I just got back about an hour ago and this is the first good chance I have had to see the video. Looks great! Thanks for doing that for us!!!

Tom

Back