January 2010 Truck of the Month-Congrats to Jeremy "lokilightning" Glaze!(NLOC#2671)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

January 2010 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Jeremy (lokilightning) Glaze ! (NLOC #2671)

From the Pelican state of Louisiana nestled in the small unincorporated town of Saint Amant comes this month’s owner of Truck of the Month. While Jeremy lives in a small town he works on the largest river in the United States ! Dreaming of owning a Gen 1 during his high school years, just some four years later Ford upped the ante with the Gen 2 Lightnings tossing on a supercharger from the factory. Jeremy then knew he had to have one. Naturally, it is hard to leave well enough alone with a Lightning thus Jeremy has personalized his extensively with never ending plans to further refine his truck.

Read on to learn more about Jeremy and his Lightning then join in the congratulations to lokilightning !

4221338796_7a719106b3_o.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

A guy in high school had a lowered gen 1 with billet grill and wheels and I always wanted one. They were the toughest looking trucks back then. Then the Gen 2 Lightnings came out and had superchargers on them. I knew then that I would have one.

4220577151_ab687e3db0_o.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

Not really interesting. I was always into mini trucks until about 10 years ago when I got my first full size truck. I decided to make it somewhat of a Lightning clone on the outside. On the inside, it is just a lil V6. Then I decided I wanted a motorcycle. The wife wasn't having that, so we agreed on a sports car. I wound up with a C5 Vette. After driving trucks for my entire life, there was still a void. So when the wife totalled her Mini Cooper in '08, the time had come to add a Lightning to the family.

4221339242_4a13801b90_o.jpg

4220578073_d89e0e8f31_o.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

Show

Status 22" wheels
Kaminari hood
Street Scene roll pan and mirrors
T-Rex billet grills
Jack Rabbit roll & lock bed cover
Black headlights, corners and tails
Harley/Navigator console
Billet interior accessories
Lowered with JLP shackles and 3" Belltech drop springs

GO

Stage 4 ported blower
4lb lower
2.75 upper
255 pumps
BA 2600 maf
Airaid intake
Truck Trax slapper bars
Tuned with SCT X3 by Cody@Stang-Hi in Baton Rouge, La.
400/500

4221338694_d8d41796b9_o.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

Just that I have not had a vehicle before that has gotten me so many tickets. :)

4220577621_5bf1d1cb7c_o.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Well, my name is Jeremy. I live in the swamps of Louisiana. I work on the Mississippi River as a Captain on a pushboat. I push barges up and down the river. I know most people hate their jobs, but I feel blessed to have a job that I love. I am into archery also. I have been so busy lately that I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like to, so for now I just have some targets set up in the back yard. I have a wonderful wife named Eda. She puts up with me and my toys. She has never met a car yet that she could NOT wreck, so she is a homebody now and has never driven the Lightning.

4221338376_fb11c6ea03_o.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I have only been a member/user of NLOC for about a year now. I was down in Biloxi, Mississippi about a year ago and came across 12-15 Lightnings parked at the mall. Well I had to go and introduce myself and look at the trucks. I met a bunch of great guys and they were all from NLOC. They steered me in the right direction. Seeing how great the site was I had to become a member.

4221338166_71e7dbfce4_o.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

It is pretty darn easy already.

4220577295_8e7b331f58_o.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

I have this mean little cat named Loki. She bites any and everybody she meets. I figured the name fit the truck also.

4221338322_918857c52a_o.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

I am planning on sending in a midplate to get the Steig treatment and I have a 6lb lower I am going to install soon. Then just start getting more billet goodies for under the hood. Maybe go a little lower with the suspension.

4220577955_56de6c3f34_o.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

All of you guys on the board for all of the opinions, advice and knowledge. Wayne (Z7What) for all of his help. And the wifey for putting up with me and my love for vehicles even though she does not share my love for them.

4221338448_86f9573d72_o.jpg

4220577545_be44966c1e_o.jpg

4220577879_e4b91c7bcf_o.jpg

Congratulations to Jeremy and his 2001 Black Ford Lightning for Truck of the Month, January 2010 !

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I just can't say how happy I am to have one of these great trucks and be a part of the Lightning community. :eek:ldtu:

Congratulations on making TOTM :cool:
See you put a picture in from CTC, looks like there is a slice of DSG in there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back