Its time to go Turbo!

We usually have a nicer (mild) summer climate up here but July and early august are still always hot. and anytime in the summer can easily get into the 90s. I don't usually choose to take my fun stuff out when its that hot for a random joy ride because it seems mean but if I'm caught out from an event or something AC would be a nice option to have.

Exactly, I was OK with waiting to just go for a joyride or whatever, but I passed on some cool cruise/show events because it was just too brutal even at 7PM it would still be 100...

@FlatOut change of current subject, but when you flipped your intake around did you have to change the throttle cable? Do you still have cruise control? I keep playing with the idea of flipping mine just to make turbo cold-side piping easier, but loosing the plaque would sting!

@FlatOut change of current subject, but when you flipped your intake around did you have to change the throttle cable? Do you still have cruise control? I keep playing with the idea of flipping mine just to make turbo cold-side piping easier, but loosing the plaque would sting!

I do not have cruise control but I still use the factory throttle cable bracket so I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. I've considered putting it back in as this seems to be the vehicle I take on the longest trips but it didn't work before i did this so I'd have to diagnose that.

I like the look of the intake flipped. I didn't like the look of crowding all the piping on the driver side.

Fall in New England is nice colors but boy do I dislike what's next.

Truck has been good still. Enjoying the last of the season.
Bz9ASdnh.jpg

Beautiful there already. Will be a while here yet…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually flew down to Georgia and drove a car home over the weekend and was pretty cool to see the variation from state to state.

I actually flew down to Georgia and drove a car home over the weekend and was pretty cool to see the variation from state to state.

Yea I bet man, we go up to Tennessee every Nov for vacation and we can see the color changes as we go north.

First up in the winter upgrades. Headlights that actually work at night. Decided to do a projector retrofit. May do a little more tweaking of the projector in the housing since when I get the ideal beam high they are adjusted kinda wonky compared to the marker lights but light output is great.

I don't remember what headlights I have but I heated them and split them open and added morimoto mini h1 bi xenon 5000k. Took a little modifications to fit in the housings but very happy with the final results. Spec'd them out to be as "subtle" as possible since I didn't want them to look out of place on the old truck. Very happy with the final look. Have since purchased 5000k fog light bulbs to match 20221213_143945.jpg20221213_164501.jpg20221229_173513.jpg20221213_145623.jpg20221229_173520.jpg20221230_121041.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Looks great man! I love the distinct line they make instead of just putting an LED bulb in like I did.

tackling a project that I've always wanted to do but is probably completely unnecessary. Did a bunch of CAD work designing an "upper" plenum for the GT40 lower runners. My thought process behind this idea has been driven by a couple different directions. One being I just enjoy making parts more than buying them. Another being the limited 351w efi options available, (although trickflow just announced they are trying to source a new foundry to get their SBF intakes back in 2024) a good SBF EFI intakes have become very difficult to source these days. I didn't want to go with a "carb" style intake due to the mismatch of powerbands. something that flows to 8000+ rpm isn't a good match for an engine that I shift at 6k. The holley high ram was a option but being forced to run their dual sync distributor or make the switch to CNP is the only options.

My thoughts why this may work fairly well, the main limitation to the factory intake flow is the upper. The lower can be ported to flow around 300CFM according to the internet porters out there. And the runner length mixed with the new plenum volume should help manage a fairly wide power band. My heads flow just over 300 according to trickflow so if I can get this intake to flow similar it will be a good match. So well see. Aluminum cold side charge pipe pieces are on order but mock up is stainless i had kicking around to get an idea.

Y9iW7NRh.jpg

zTDjo7sh.jpg

ufuTbnAh.jpg

a1lm5Tph.jpg

upnCBm8h.jpg

6bZoesNh.jpg

uOTWlyoh.jpg

hOaeMG6h.jpg

I8hvySlh.jpg

298hd4Oh.jpg

4jUtvHJh.jpg

sxR4tWwh.jpg

sad6tfLh.jpg

4rDEkMBh.jpg

2kJWG0Ph.jpg

Dude, you're the master...

Next question, how much to reproduce?

I managed to tack weld an exhaust flange on a Y today...

Back