It's the beaters you have to watch for

Call me different, but i like the look.
smile.gif
I was actually talking more drivetrain characteristics though.
smile.gif
That is what i meant was hella sweet. 2.2 turbo III wuth lotgus heads and intercooled and the only tranny offered a getrag 5 speed. Capable of an honest mid/high 14 timeslip in the early 90s! From an american sedan! It also came with a sweet suspension under that plebian body work. Just think about that sleeper effect hehe. the sleeper effect is hella sweet in my book
smile.gif

Brian

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
I don't know about hella sweet, let's grasp reality for a second..

Spirit.jpg

</font>

------------------
84 S-10 _ 2.8 V6, well, that's what it says under the headlight hehe

Oops, double post!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by T-Bird302 (edited 06-30-2001).]

On the "RT_Mailing_List" for IROC R/Ts and Spirit R/Ts they say if ya can't pull off at least a 14.5 in one of those, you ain't doin something right. Most of em run 14.2-14.6, some have even hit 13s though I think these are what we'd refer to as "factory freaks" or factory mules.

Still, sweet cars, especially the Spirit with it's granny looks and musclecar power.

Mid to high 14 seconds for a spirit R/T??
I see you Dodge boys been puffin the cheeba again. And as far as that "sweet suspension", come on.... with the exeption of larger sway bar up front and one on the back it is basically the same K car suspension that was around for 15 years...You could put any Chrysler body on that "frame" and it would fit.
I will admit that those little Shelbys are quick little things,but dont get too carried away with the Et's... And take it from experience, if you got a Spirit R/T, good luck getting parts for the engine. we had one that needed a dipstick tube,(it broke) and it took a month to get it.. and that was 4 years ago..

I'm sorry oh knower of all automotive knowledge.... You owned a Spirit R/T huh? Oh, I forgot, you've owned one of every caar right? And every Dodge you owned ha sbeen really slow? LOL!

You're unbelievable man........

i'm gonna breath in, count to ten, breath out, breath in, count to ten, breath out. Gonna let this one go because i don't have it in me to argue with you JJ.

Brian

------------------

Hey Guys, I would have to see a mid 14 out of a Spirit R/T with my oun eyes to believe that. Im talkin stock, stock, stock!! Any turbo vehicle can be hotrodded easily, but I doubt that thing went that quick stone stock. No, I dont need a video or any of that sheeoot. I just find it very hard to believe. Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HotRod:
Hey Guys, I would have to see a mid 14 out of a Spirit R/T with my oun eyes to believe that. Im talkin stock, stock, stock!! Any turbo vehicle can be hotrodded easily, but I doubt that thing went that quick stone stock. No, I dont need a video or any of that sheeoot. I just find it very hard to believe. Rod K.

</font>

Rod,

They were FAST.. I dunno about low 14's tho. Ive heard legitimate high 14 times from them. You gotta remember that they were in the 210 HP range with about 2700 lbs.... makes for VERY good power to weight ratio. My 89 Shelby Daytona that was only 175hp would rip off mid to high 15's all day ( yeah pathetic I know.. but a benchmark ) and yes, it was stock. Only problem with them was getting them to hook... front drivers DONT hook good from a hard launch... and they like to go left
smile.gif

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
13.08 @ 103.37
Sigpic.jpg

NM

------------------

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 06-30-2001).]

They can run mid 14s, most run high 14s because of no traction. Those that can get it right though..... They're actual HP is a conservative 222HP. To put in prespective, a simiar GT of the same year clocked the scales at over 3100 pounds ad only had 3 HP more. They are serious sleepers and not many know about them.

Brian

------------------

I've seen a Spirit R/T run 13.90s with just an exhaust and slicks. But the guy goes through head gaskets and timing belts like a fish goes through water (how's that for a bad cliche'?)

And calling their handling anything short of "frightening" is really stretching it. I've spent enough time in one to know that it had decent skills in a straight line, but just about anything with sporting pretensions would hand it its arse in the twisties.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
Drive 'em like ya stole 'em!
trux2.jpg

Speaking of 4cyl. turbos. I have a 84 svo that run 8.80 in the 1/8. The only thing i had done at the time was a motorsport cam, 42lb. injectors, and my tubo turned up to 18lbs. I had the engine rebuilt w/ JE pistons, c&a long rods, oversized manley valves, heads were ported and polished, and the whole assy. was balanced. Unfortunately, before I could get it back to the track the wiring harness burnt up. I was sick of messing w/ this car so it has been sitting in my backyard for the last 5 yrs.

Back