Is the show going to be onsite????

TinysRed94L

Ford Power Junkie
I have read a few threads that said that they were not sure if the show would be on site or not, has this been settled yet?

We are currently weighing our site options. Hooters in Independence is our fall-back site, but their parking area is very small.

We are also looking at a Lee's Summit park, a shopping center or possibly blocking off a street in the old downtown area.

We are planning for ~50 trucks in the show and parking for the trailers, etc!:blink:

It is unfortunate that it cant be at the event. I would like to be able to just park and hang out and see the racing, show, and vendors together. It is just my opinion but I personally wouldnt want to leave the track everyday for the show.

Tiny you will not miss any racing, all of the racing will be over when the show starts. It was moved to cut cost for this event, this was done to ensure that the event continues every year. Renting the track just to have the show was just to expensive so it was moved off site to save money. And also so people could be in a location where they could relax inside, and be able eat and drink out of the heat and sun. And since it starts in the morning most people will be leaving from the hotel anyway. It should be a great time great looking trucks, pretty girls, cold beer and hot wings. When you think about it, it sound pretty good. Best part is the winners get the tropheys presented to them by the Hooters girls!

Tiny you will not miss any racing, all of the racing will be over when the show starts. It was moved to cut cost for this event, this was done to ensure that the event continues every year. Renting the track just to have the show was just to expensive so it was moved off site to save money. And also so people could be in a location where they could relax inside, and be able eat and drink out of the heat and sun. And since it starts in the morning most people will be leaving from the hotel anyway. It should be a great time great looking trucks, pretty girls, cold beer and hot wings. When you think about it, it sound pretty good. Best part is the winners get the tropheys presented to them by the Hooters girls!

:eek:ldtu:

That sounds good. I guess I didnt look at the schedule close enough I thought Sunday was also racing. I am used to going to FFW and NMRA events where the show is more than 1 day and the racing goes well into Sunday. I like this plan it gives racers a chance to go to the show.

Last edited:
Thats the idea Tiny! The first couple years the race classes and the show were mutually exclusive, now you can participate in both if you wish! :eek:ldtu:

this is definately a better idea. great going BIG D!

Back