Intermit. hard shift!

D

dan alexander

My 94 has been shifting hard on and off now for about four months starting around november or december(the first 5 degree day we had this past winter). I have no trans mods exept for a b&m shift plus that I uninstalled to possibly fix the shifting. When the truck is driven cold it will somtimes chatter a bit going from reverse to drive and have also noticed from time to time a chatter going into overdrive. I also noticed my speed limiter is kicking on at 85,90 or 100 mph (it seems to vary) but somtimes not at all. Could it be a bad speed sensor? I figured if the computer needs to adjust line pressure according to throtle position and or speed, it may be getting srewed up and defaulting to full line pressure. the hard shift is noticed at any throttle range accept for full throttle (it seems feel normal). The problem seems to have lessened when the cold weather went away but the trans started shifting hard again last week and lasted for less than a day. Any ideas would be a huge help !!!! thanks

Had the same problem just got my truck back today,the ford dealer put in a new torque converter the problem is gone!!!!!

Back