Intercooler

E

EJs00Lightning

I have heard a couple of people on f150online talking about a intercooler problem, if so what is it and do you think it pertains to 00 models?

It's when you notice you lost coolant from your intercooler reservoir...where has it gone? Mine was going into the engine from the intercooler leaking. The intercooler sits below the SC. Only time will tell if the 2000's will do it. So far only a few handful have had this problem on the '99's.

Mine is one of them. I've been through two O2 sensors so far since the coolant its burning is fouling the sensors. The first two times I took my truck in, they replaced the sensors but swore there was nothing wrong with the engine. Finally on the 3rd try they took it apart and found that the intercooler was leaking like a sieve (sp?).
Anyway, part is backordered for another month. :-(

Other than that and the suspension clunk in the front end, the truck has performed flawlessly.

Hey thanks mine will be here in a couple of weeks, just a dumb question since i will be new to this, where is the intercooler reservoir so I know where to look and I also know to look for the door cracks and what else might surprise me with my new dream truck?

default.asp

Lower left corner of photo is cap for intercooler resevoir.

Guess we can't post photos or edit yet. Disregard previous post unless you want to copy and paste the address of the photo from the properties of my (attempted)photo post.

Let's try one more time. Intercooler resevoir is in lower left corner of photo.

mwsvtlight11.JPG

Ok sorry this is another dumb question what are you running in the resverior ratios wise thanks

I'm sure it's probably the same as the radiator, 50/50 or whatever it is.

Back